Suggestions & Feedbacks Thread

Forum rules, feedback, speak with game masters, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: Game Masters

Re: Suggestions & Feedbacks Thread

Postby Roughrider » 14 Apr 2008, 03:20

Rulers aren't forced to be CiC... :roll:

I would know...I've mobilized with Suyin already. She did an awesome Advisor job, I gots ta say... :P

They're only forced to be Governor...And I don't see too much of a problem with that. You're the ruler. If the poeple don't see you actually governing, well...I don't think they'd be too impressed. Besides...Ruler stats aren't used for too much else, anyways.
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Artisan, Charming*, Craftswoman, Duelist (e), Investigatress, Jeer, Propaganda, Raid, Weaponmistress (e)
Gold: 380
Rank: General who Manifests Might (+35 Unit Limit, +35 TP)
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Kingdom: Lord Kan

Postby slythegreat » 14 Apr 2008, 03:43

Well, that only reinforces my point. Why must rulers be governors and not CiCs?? I hardly think the people noticing the ruler not governing (which is rather a behind-the-scenes job) would draw much ire if the work was getting done and their bellies were full; and it certainly would look no worse than a ruler not commanding his troops. This also reinforces my point that serious rulers are heavily encouraged to be governor builds and almost forced not to have poor POL scores. Why have this limitation?
Deng Guo (15)
62-62-63-63-63
Skills: Acumen, Leader, Logistics, Study, Zeal (e)
Gold: 0
slythegreat
He-Man Woman Hater Club Member

Kingdom: Bei Nu

Postby Roughrider » 14 Apr 2008, 04:02

They are encouraged...

Notice the serious lack of solid politicians on the sim who stay active?

Yeah...that's why rulers are encouraged to be politicians...Most rulers were politicians first anyhow, realism wise, if you'd noticed...even on Koei's games...It's really only those usurper types that have low pol...>_>

Yeah... :(
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Artisan, Charming*, Craftswoman, Duelist (e), Investigatress, Jeer, Propaganda, Raid, Weaponmistress (e)
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Postby Kentalot » 14 Apr 2008, 04:04

You'll do fine as governor. And I usually like to argue that rulers should be forced to be CiCs as well, but that was shot down :(
Fang Pi (方丕) styled DaBian (大變), owner of Pai Mai Pi Exotic Goods and Services (拍賣丕極品與服務店)
Pai Mai Pi is looking for crafters of all kinds! Visit the shop for an interview today!

"Anals of His Story of the King-dumb of Li June" by JiBa ZhaBa
Vol. 1, Vol. 2

Fang Pi (34) 76*-93*-47-110*-82* Artisan; Breeder; Craftsman(e); Propaganda; Sage; Scribe(e); Zeal
Kentalot
Über Helper

Kingdom: Merchant of Death

Postby slythegreat » 14 Apr 2008, 04:06

What makes you think I'll do fine as a governor? My POL is 28... :(

Maybe you know something I'm missing... is lead a factor?
Deng Guo (15)
62-62-63-63-63
slythegreat

Postby Roughrider » 14 Apr 2008, 04:12

I actually dunno if Pol even affects governing...I honestly haven't noticed...=S
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Postby Zhao Ren » 14 Apr 2008, 04:20

Kentalot wrote:You'll do fine as governor. And I usually like to argue that rulers should be forced to be CiCs as well, but that was shot down :(

I'd be compelled to agree that rulers be CiCs, actually. I can't really recall a time that a ruler took the field but subordinated themselves to another... save, ya know, maybe Liu Bei with Zhuge Liang. But even then, Zhuge Liang was acting more as the advisor to Liu Bei than as the CiC.

Anyways, really, when it comes down to it, what are the ruler ranks here but political ranks? Consider what "Grand Administrator" or what not actually means. You're sorta administering your city, which is to say, controlling it. Guess what the governor position for a city means? You're controlling it. It seems fairly common sense that a ruler be forced to be governor, to me, otherwise they're just plain and simple not the ruler >.>

Not to mention, much like the CiC bit above, I can't recall any time that a ruler gave more civil authority to anyone under his own control. Even Tao Qian didn't give his city over to Liu Bei until he was on his death bed
Xe of Greed: I can't believe anyone is sane after you post! ANYONE!
Purple_Tiger: After reading <your post>, my brain will never work quite right again.
Zhao Ren
Hated by JiaGai

Postby slythegreat » 14 Apr 2008, 04:25

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or ask a rhetorical question here, I really want to know...

Did less administratively inclined rulers such as Lu Bu often get their hands dirty investing money in their markets or magistrating and that sort of thing? I would think not, but I don't know that for certain...
Deng Guo (15)
62-62-63-63-63
slythegreat

Postby Zhao Ren » 14 Apr 2008, 04:36

Magistrating? I'd actually be willing to bet Lu Bu did. Don't forget that he started his career off as Master of Records under Ding Yuan. Investing money in the markets, though, I'd say not. Mind you, I'd actually consider that to be more of an invention of Koei for gameplay purposes than anything.
Xe of Greed: I can't believe anyone is sane after you post! ANYONE!
Purple_Tiger: After reading <your post>, my brain will never work quite right again.
Zhao Ren
Hated by JiaGai

Postby phoenixofdiscordia » 14 Apr 2008, 04:47

slythegreat wrote:I'm not trying to be sarcastic or ask a rhetorical question here, I really want to know...

Did less administratively inclined rulers such as Lu Bu often get their hands dirty investing money in their markets or magistrating and that sort of thing? I would think not, but I don't know that for certain...

I can't say how much that sort of thing is expected out of rulers in this game, but as far as that goes in a real life situation, I would imagine that being the governor would not necessarily entail that you do such things yourself, but the governor would definitely decide who to have do it. Less politically savvy people like Lu Bu probably had advisors telling them who to pick.

I can't say if that's correct at all, that's just how I imagine it would work, as I said. But I would agree with rulers having to be he governor, at least in name. Taking it from a new (maybe) perspective, would a ruler really want someone to have authority over him in anyway? Realistically speaking, that could open doors for other people, or create loyalty to the delegated governor. Makes more sense for people to be drawn to the person with the fancy title and the illusion of power, as opposed to the guy who gave up being governor.
Name: Shang Xi Style: Xilang
25 year old male
Stats: 65/42/67/79*/77*
Skills: Administration (250), Articulate (250), Charming (259), Cunning (100),Farmer (75), Leader (100), Logistics (250), Medic (100), Networking (540), Study (264), Zeal (9)
Items: Scholar's Robes (Cha +1), The Book of Rites (Pol +2), Jade Pendant (Cha +1; Pol +1)
Gold: 54
Statless NPC: Yang Qing, Yu Shu
phoenixofdiscordia
Ranking Officer

Postby slythegreat » 14 Apr 2008, 04:56

Well, the ruler would still retain the theoretical title and actual power of veto, but would pass on many administrative responsibilities to someone more capable if they wished to in my idea. Certainly that could create IC problems if the governor is ambitious, but its a choice (you could be governor as ruler if you wanted to) and could spice things up a bit. I dislike how the most efficient option seems to be to throw a low-pol ruler into a fort.

Maybe I'm off base here... are there other factors for the governor that effect a city's economic performance, like lead? And how important are the governor's stats? If they make that stat decay just a bit more and lower taxes around 5%, maybe we don't have an issue... but if its very considerable or extreme, than it still seems like we should be able to delegate.
Deng Guo (15)
62-62-63-63-63
slythegreat

Postby Roughrider » 14 Apr 2008, 05:00

I think it's actually not stats that matter but skills...As said time and again.

I think everyone would just have fairl similar incomes and all and stat decays and all, except if they have those Admin skills or something...=P
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Postby jiangbao » 14 Apr 2008, 05:08

Actually I think it is more to give rulers some additional experience rather than that of the normal officer. A ruler gets his KT experience plus governing experience too correct?
Bo Lai, 15
53*-89*-70-30-71*
The Classics of Poetry [treatise] (Cha +1), The Virtues of Command [manual] (Lead +1), level 1 Sword (War +1).
Skills: Craftsman; Duelist; Fortunate; Investigator; Weaponmaster(e)

stats
jiangbao
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Freeicons

Postby Roughrider » 14 Apr 2008, 05:24

Governing experience is just administrations plus a little pol exp... :lol:

EDIT: LOL, yeah...I expect Bei Nu's pol to go up one point every month for a lil' while...=P
Last edited by Roughrider on 14 Apr 2008, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Postby Kentalot » 14 Apr 2008, 06:04

It's a lot of pol exp if it's Bei Nu :)

Also, sly, you are basically saying, OOCly, it sucks. That's not a good enough argument to have that happen, really. And it doesn't suck nearly enough to have that be a balance issue, imo. I don't have numbers, but if it were really unbalanced, they would've done something about it (like HIGHLY recommend rulers roll pol chars if they don't want to have that problem).
Fang Pi (方丕) styled DaBian (大變), owner of Pai Mai Pi Exotic Goods and Services (拍賣丕極品與服務店)
Pai Mai Pi is looking for crafters of all kinds! Visit the shop for an interview today!

"Anals of His Story of the King-dumb of Li June" by JiBa ZhaBa
Vol. 1, Vol. 2

Fang Pi (34) 76*-93*-47-110*-82* Artisan; Breeder; Craftsman(e); Propaganda; Sage; Scribe(e); Zeal
Kentalot
Über Helper

Kingdom: Merchant of Death

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Supremacy