Suggestions & Feedbacks Thread

Forum rules, feedback, speak with game masters, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: Game Masters

Re: Suggestions & Feedbacks Thread

Postby Roughrider » 12 Apr 2008, 17:48

80 AP is more than enough for an adhoc five rounder...>_>

You can get three solid tactics off with that, or a stance and two tactics. And, looking at duels, if you can get the right tactic in at the right time, it swings the whole thing in your favour. Just about any tactic can do that, by virtue of either cancelling ability, or massive damage...

Well, except dishearten, which sucks despite my 47% success rate with it..>_>

And as for one blow, it's still rather nasty even if it fails...Just not worth 30AP if it does though, but it has some payoff...=P
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Artisan, Charming*, Craftswoman, Duelist (e), Investigatress, Jeer, Propaganda, Raid, Weaponmistress (e)
Gold: 380
Rank: General who Manifests Might (+35 Unit Limit, +35 TP)
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Kingdom: Lord Kan

Postby Aisen » 12 Apr 2008, 20:46

Does the range of a bow have that much of an effect during duelling? If any at all?
Ao Ning 奥佞 'Mysterious Talent' zi Xuancai
Born 169
75*-87*-70-52-58
Cunning (481), Duelist (500), Investigator (52), Leader (374), Light Infantry (83), Logistics (83), Study (112), Wealth (250), Weaponmaster (500)
Controller Commandant of the City Guard
Statless NPCs: Shou Mei, Zhao Xiao
Oath Brother of Kung Tao

BIOGRAPHY DAILY UPDATED
Aisen
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Xu Tan

Postby Roughrider » 12 Apr 2008, 21:15

There's nothing about range in the rules, so no, it doesn't have any effect there. I think it's more for plots than anything. :cry:
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Artisan, Charming*, Craftswoman, Duelist (e), Investigatress, Jeer, Propaganda, Raid, Weaponmistress (e)
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Postby Aisen » 12 Apr 2008, 21:19

Shame. I mean range could actually be worth something in a duel. In the sense, it displays the distance needed for an attack. Possibly lowering opponents evasion etc.
Born 169
75*-87*-70-52-58
Cunning (481), Duelist (500), Investigator (52), Leader (374), Light Infantry (83), Logistics (83), Study (112), Wealth (250), Weaponmaster (500)
Oath Brother of Kung Tao

BIOGRAPHY DAILY UPDATED
Aisen
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Tian Long » 12 Apr 2008, 21:20

Roughrider wrote:There's nothing about range in the rules, so no, it doesn't have any effect there. I think it's more for plots than anything. :cry:

It's for plots, but it also stacks as a war bonus as well so in this regard it helps duels.
V6 Pre-game
Zhào Fèng styled Rányì
96-71-80-43-56
Aid(e), Formation, Inspire, Leader(e), Logistics(e), Military Engineer, Rally, Reversal(e)
Tian Long
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: WIN!

Postby Aisen » 13 Apr 2008, 10:22

To contact GMNPCs do you message the actual NPC or do message the GM first?
Born 169
75*-87*-70-52-58
Oath Brother of Kung Tao

BIOGRAPHY DAILY UPDATED
Aisen
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Roughrider » 13 Apr 2008, 11:06

Aisen wrote:To contact GMNPCs do you message the actual NPC or do message the GM first?

You write a letter to the NPC, and send it to the Staffmember that's controlling him or her's account as a PM...=)
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Postby Liu Sun » 13 Apr 2008, 12:06

Err, questions like this and the last one should be posted in the Game Rules questions threads.
GMNPC: The Great Xing Xi
PC: Renyi Suiji (28) 91*-90*-90*-78*-83* Artisan; Duelist; *Navy; Rally; Reversal; Scribe; Study; Trample; Trap; Zeal (e)
Liu Sun
Aw man, I'm the biggest idiot ever...

Kingdom: Yes it can!

Postby Ryven » 13 Apr 2008, 22:37

Something I've seen that strikes me as a bit odd...

The idea that a treaty isn't valid until confirmed by an admin and therefore can be broken with no penalties until that point strikes me as a bit odd. Especially considering that treaty confirmation has been lagging behind some while the game has continued to progress. Unless they'll be catching up (which it seems to be the case at the moment, but you guys seem to have been swamped lately). I would recommend having more people confirming treaties or perhaps open it up to the GMs as well as Admins. It's a bit disjointing to have a treaty broken off and IC threats possibly fly and then hear it wasn't official and the like until confirmed. Where do they stand on the IC relationships and all if that happens?
Chong Shou (52) 96*-92*-72-38-42, Arrowstorm, Counter, Formation, Loyalty, Missile, Reversal, Valor, Volley(e), Wile
The arrow flies true.

(Username is Zack on IRC)
I also run friendly duels in the Public Dueling Thread on occasion.
Ryven
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Who knows

Postby Ji Xu » 13 Apr 2008, 22:58

Well, if both rulers have posted in the thread that they confirm it, and then one breaks the treaty before admin confirmation takes place, the admins can still confirm the treaty in the thread, and the hand of justice shall fall upon the treaty breaker.

They just play catch up.

Or at least, that's how I figure it.
V5 Yi Shang Tong (Trans: The Afore Mentioned Boy)
36-59-83*-76*-78*
Arson, Artisan, Innocuous(e), Riot, Spy, Stealth, Zeal

Read the Bio if you don't get the name!

V4 Wei Baihu

V3 Ji Xu
Ji Xu
Ultra-Treacherous Traitor Guy of Doom

Kingdom: Huangfu Chu

Postby Ryven » 13 Apr 2008, 23:00

Well, this was (I think) the case in the treaty that prompted this question, but I can't check because it's already been deleted from the treaty thread. As in both rulers had already posted. But when we inquired about it we were told it wasn't official because it hadn't been confirmed.
Chong Shou (52) 96*-92*-72-38-42, Arrowstorm, Counter, Formation, Loyalty, Missile, Reversal, Valor, Volley(e), Wile
The arrow flies true.

(Username is Zack on IRC)
I also run friendly duels in the Public Dueling Thread on occasion.
Ryven
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Who knows

Postby Roughrider » 14 Apr 2008, 02:02

Yeah! Where's teng Zheng Wei's PR loss!? :evil:

/me whines! ;-;
Ma Liangyu (19)
81*-112*-79*-40-100*
Roughrider
Marleauwned.

Postby slythegreat » 14 Apr 2008, 02:56

I have an issue about the ruler being forced to be the governor/CiC. Now I know that, on the surface, this makes logical sense. However, taking a closer look, it seem rather odd to force a character to take command. Now of course they would have authority in name, but what's to say they can't delegate it to someone more capable and allow them to be the governor/CiC. To take my character for example, certainly he isn't going to try with his 28 POL to administer his city! Stat-wise, he probably doesn't even know what he's supposed to do, let alone have any reasonable chance at being effective at it. Why wouldn't he give effective (if not nominal) authority to one of the many more capable governors in his employ? They're the ones who are really running the city anyway, so we can't they be the governor? This system almost forces a ruler with poor governing talent to build a fort and throw themselves in it. Ignore the cost of that, ignore even the fact it may place them away from where they might want to be during the battle, but consider the RP problems that causes. An envoy to see the ruler? No problem, he's in the miserable little fort 10 days from here. Council meeting? Everybody drop what you're doing in the city and take a ride to some backwater garrison. It dictates how people have to RP if they don't want to ruin their city, and it just doesn't make sense to do so. Same thing for making a ruler the CiC. If I'm a Liu Zhang in combat and I have a Cao Cao at my disposal, who would I put in command of my forces? Maybe I have a charismatic ruler for RP purposes, and all that he's good at one the battlefield is rallying. Unless the rallying gets a bonus because he's the ruler, he shouldn't be forced to be the CiC because he's a ruler. Why not give the players the option? Changing this also allows for more governorship spots to be available to non-rulers, whereas the system now automatically ensures that 24 cities aren't run by ordinary players who might like the extra authority and responsibility but by rulers who have it anyway and might not care at all whether they are governor. Now one could argue that changing the system discourages rulers from being politicians (its easy in most cases to ensure one isn't personally in a battle), but that isn't the case. If I signed up for a ruler position, I'd take a politician (forced governor rule or not) just because that's what my kingdom needs, and the development bonus ruler ranks give still offset the unit bonus that it would offer a general. As the system stands now, it strongly encourages rulers serious about their kingdom to become politicians. While their are exceptions, a great many rulers are politicians, and very few if any who signed up have sub-40 Pol stats.
Deng Guo (15)
62-62-63-63-63
Skills: Acumen, Leader, Logistics, Study, Zeal (e)
Gold: 0
slythegreat
He-Man Woman Hater Club Member

Kingdom: Bei Nu

Postby Huang Bin » 14 Apr 2008, 02:59

About rulers being Governor, they can avoid it by commanding a fort. That is what a ruler did last game.
OI Link
Name: Sun Bo
Stats: 89-61-96-37-65
Skills: Breeder (e); Cunning; Invent; Mystic; Siegecraft; Volley; Wile
Huang Bin
Officer With Many Posts

Postby slythegreat » 14 Apr 2008, 03:01

Please read my post completely. I talked about that and why I disliked it.
Deng Guo (15)
62-62-63-63-63
Skills: Acumen, Leader, Logistics, Study, Zeal (e)
Gold: 0
slythegreat
He-Man Woman Hater Club Member

Kingdom: Bei Nu

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Supremacy