Forum Problems

Forum rules, feedback, speak with game masters, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: Game Masters

Re: Forum Problems

Postby Luo Zhang » 10 Jun 2009, 04:01

Have you tried clicking the Compatibility View button that's next to the Reload buton? After enabling that, I've had no problems really.
Xiao Huang, Governor of Sili (197)
60-36-57-85-106*
Acumen, Adminsitration (e), Articulate, Charming, Zeal
Luo Zhang
Codeword: Dirtbag!

Location: Somewhere being surprised that he has a 100 stat for the first time ever.
Kingdom: Xiao Huang

Postby GreenFabre » 24 Aug 2009, 02:23

I hit 'preview' to see my reply to pm and i got tis lo~ :2

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@simrtk.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at simrtk.net Port 80
GreenFabre
Veteran Officer

Postby Mangetsu » 31 Aug 2009, 18:33

I've encountered a page with the following a few times when I try to post...
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@simrtk.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at simrtk.net Port 80
~Wang Xianling, China's Greatest Captain~ (33)
[Stats] 101*-95*-90*-36-70*
[Skills] Aid (e), Leader (e), Logistics, Loyalty, Navy (e), Reversal (e), Trap, Valor (e), Wall (e)
[Theme] Scars Of Time
Mangetsu
Intellectual Saviour

Kingdom: Kingdom of Sandow

Postby Marik » 28 Oct 2009, 22:44

Xian Zhu Xuande wrote:
Xeniphon wrote:I have been running into a problem for the past 2 days that I thought at first was something wacky with my computer or something but it only occurs on this forum and only after i have either typed or scrolled down a long post to endit. ...

That's a pretty strange problem. As mentioned above IE 8 behaves quite oddly on a number of websites. I currently have no way to test IE8 in my sole development environment without giving up testing for IE 5.5–7, which are far more important for me to be compatible with. If this is a phpBB issue it might be addressed in a future update to the software. I will, however, keep my eyes out for any reports and solutions posted to public discussion for the software.

With that said, my short-term is to get a web browser which doesn't suck ass.

Chrome, Firefox, Safari—they're all light-years ahead of trashy IE.
(And your computer will be much more secure if you use them).

Just to clarify on this, since I had the same problem Xeni had and had a hard time finding this thread for a solution (I also thought it was a hardware problem, too; I kept banging my mouse on the desk thinking it was something with the mouse's wheel :lol: ). I was also using IE8, although I can't remember if I still had that problem with IE7. I downloaded Firefox and it works just fine.
V5:
Ma Conda zi Feijian (朏囝), born 192 AD
Bearer of the Gilded Mace & The Demon's Wife
Marik
Really Old Officer

Kingdom: Metal

Postby fate » 08 Dec 2009, 18:11

I'm hoping this is the best place for this, but the link to download the updated KT calc leads to an error not found page.
V6 Pregame: Wei Yong zi Laibao, Patriarch of the Wei Clan

V6: Wei Ling Qi zi Nenhua, Daughter to a Dream
- Hong Guo zi Nandun, The Maiden's Bulwark
- Shu, Indentured Nursemaid
fate
Soon to be Stealing Aureal's Green again?

Postby GreenFabre » 22 Dec 2009, 11:58

Code: Select all
Return to the index page
General Error
Unable to remove files within ./cache/. Please check directory permissions.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: simrtk@kongming.net
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
GreenFabre
Veteran Officer

Postby Xi Jing » 03 Mar 2010, 18:50

I'm having a problem with tables. Every table I've made on the forum always inserts blank space above the table, not matter how its code is formatted. The bigger the table (the more rows), the bigger the white space. Let me give you examples:

TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText

TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText

[table percent=100][tr][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][/table]
[table percent=100][tr][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][/table]

From page two of the Free Officer Thread from someone who doesn't have the same problem:
Xal Lian wrote:
Statistic History
Statistics NameStarting StatisticsCurrent Base StatisticsCurrent Modified StatisticsExperience
Leadership:3636360/100
War:7878800/100
Intelligence:8080800/100
Politics:4040400/100
Charisma:7878800/100

<Top>

Skill History
Skill NameExpertised?Remaining Study Time
Cunning---
Duelist---
Tactician*---
Weapon Master---

<Top>

[table percent=100][tr][th percent=20][/th][th percent=20][/th][th percent=20][aname="Statistics"][/aname][u][b]Statistic History[/b][/u][/th][th percent=20][/th][th percent=20][/th][/tr][tr][td][b][u]Statistics Name[/u][/b][/td][td][b][u]Starting Statistics[/u][/b][/td][td][b][u]Current Base Statistics[/u][/b][/td][td][b][u]Current Modified Statistics[/u][/b][/td][td][b][u]Experience[/u][/b][/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Leadership:[/b][/td][td]36[/td][td]36[/td][td]36[/td][td]0/100[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]War:[/b][/td][td]78[/td][td]78[/td][td]80[/td][td]0/100[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Intelligence:[/b][/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]0/100[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Politics:[/b][/td][td]40[/td][td]40[/td][td]40[/td][td]0/100[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Charisma:[/b][/td][td]78[/td][td]78[/td][td]80[/td][td]0/100[/td][/tr][/table]
[size=90][ahref=#Index]<Top>[/ahref][/size]

[table percent=50][tr][th percent=20][/th][th percent=20][aname="Skills"][/aname][u][b]Skill History[/b][/u][/th][th percent=20][/th][/tr][tr][td][u][b]Skill Name[/b][/u][/td][td][u][b]Expertised?[/b][/u][/td][td][u][b]Remaining Study Time[/b][/u][/td][/tr][tr][td]Cunning[/td][td][/td][td]---[/td][/tr][tr][td]Duelist[/td][td][/td][td]---[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tactician[/td][td][size=150]*[/size][/td][td]---[/td][/tr][tr][td]Weapon Master[/td][td][/td][td]---[/td][/tr][/table]
[size=90][ahref=#Index]<Top>[/ahref][/size]

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Xi Jing
Experienced Officer

Postby Xi Jing » 03 Mar 2010, 18:54

Removing breaks between rows, seeing as that's the only difference I can see between the my tables above and Xal Lian's.

Edit: Well I'll be darned. Apparently you cannot put a break (Enter/Return) between table rows or you'll create mysterious blank space above the table. I guess I should have looked into this a lot earlier. Consider this insta-resolved. :)

What a pain in the butt this will become to track. :(

TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText

TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextText

[table percent=100][tr][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][/table][table percent=100][tr][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][th percent=20]Text[/th][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][tr][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][td]Text[/td][/tr][/table]
Xi Jing
Experienced Officer

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 03 Mar 2010, 19:22

SimRTK wrote:Internal Server Error

This happens every time our shared server sheds a tear. All I can really note is that this problem should become less frequent as time passes and hardware gets upgrade, not more frequent (unless SimRTK’s traffic starts shooting up). For the time being we can just reload whenever this happens to occur. It sure beats paying for a dedicated server.

Reloading is important if it happens after you've submitted a post. Better to have two posts and delete one than to lose your post entirely, right?

Marik wrote:Just to clarify on this, since I had the same problem Xeni had and had a hard time finding this thread for a solution (I also thought it was a hardware problem, too; I kept banging my mouse on the desk thinking it was something with the mouse's wheel :lol: ). I was also using IE8, although I can't remember if I still had that problem with IE7. I downloaded Firefox and it works just fine.

Probably just some code that IE8 chokes on in its strict mode. Compatibility mode should work. I imagine they've fixed this bug in a newer version of phpBB. I just have to get off my duff and install it. Due to the level of customization that takes a little bit of time, though.

fate wrote:I'm hoping this is the best place for this, but the link to download the updated KT calc leads to an error not found page.

Probably better to report something like that in the Game Q&A thread, or someplace similar. You're more likely to have your question reviewed by a staff member who can make the necessary changes there. This is a great place to report a problem with the actual forum's code, layout, the server, etc. As is this form.

Xi Jing wrote:Edit: Well I'll be darned. Apparently you cannot put a break (Enter/Return) between table rows or you'll create mysterious blank space above the table. I guess I should have looked into this a lot earlier. Consider this insta-resolved. :)

Nothing much I can do about this without some additional customized code in the forum, which probably isn't worth the effort and maintenance when members can display tables fine with a little bit of work. The problem stems from phpBB's default of converting hard returns into XHTML line breaks (<br />). This is what allows the paragraphs in your post to display without the need of HTML or BBCode. Unfortunately, this problem extends to custom BBCode (which is what you're using to create that form) so it tosses line breaks in the middle of the table, which just causes bad things to happen.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Location: Please Direct Gameplay Questions to the Game Rules Forum.
Kingdom: Huo Hu

Postby Cao Chun (Shugo) » 19 Mar 2010, 02:17

IE6 user (yeah I know don't laugh)

I get the same problem that I get on another (now discontinued) rtksim-like site that I shall not name. This error only happens on this board and not anywhere else. Occassionally when I post something, which could be anything, I cannot continue (i.e. get no server response and images will not load) when i click on a link (any link). It is a problem that's becoming rather annoying and it means i have to close any page opened and reopen it (as refreshing doesn't work either). I don't know what is so special about the rtk boards, but my old browser doesn't seem to like it.
Cao Shi (28)
75-53-56-83-70
Acumen, Administration (e), Farmer, Propaganda, Rally, Trap, Zeal
Gold: 0
Cao Chun (Shugo)
Ranking Officer

Postby SuperDianWei » 11 May 2010, 09:43

The "Map" link at the top of the forum seems to be broken. Rather than take me to the actual map thread, it is set to link to http://kongming.net/conqueror/simrtk/ , which essentially just refreshes whatever page I am on. =/
Moved on to greener pastures.

V5: Ju Si Gai (193)
75*.57*.74*.111*.107*
Acumen, Administration, Arson, Articulate, Artisan, Navy, Networking, Propaganda, Rally, Reversal, Rumor(e), Trap(e), Zeal
The Master of Writing (+75%), The General of the Rising Falcons (+20 Unit Limit, +25 TP), and The Governor of Jiang Xia

<SLM> don't make bets with people like SDW...he knows too much about everything.
SuperDianWei
Middle Aged Officer

Location: "Ladies, I'm just telling you what you need to hear!"
Kingdom: Oprah's Guest House

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 11 May 2010, 10:27

Cao Chun (Shugo) wrote:IE6 user (yeah I know don't laugh)

I get the same problem that I get on another (now discontinued) rtksim-like site that I shall not name. This error only happens on this board and not anywhere else. Occassionally when I post something, which could be anything, I cannot continue (i.e. get no server response and images will not load) when i click on a link (any link). It is a problem that's becoming rather annoying and it means i have to close any page opened and reopen it (as refreshing doesn't work either). I don't know what is so special about the rtk boards, but my old browser doesn't seem to like it.

If that happens you can try reloading the page. It should send the post data again, and if it goes through you might have a double-post, so please check. I'm not sure if Internet Explorer 6 supports caching of form data. If it does, you could click back to re-load the form and all its data, and try again.

Unless an issue is widespread I'm not supporting IE6 beyond basic site features, and this is the first I've heard of this one across the two sites that share this general theme/features. Please upgrade to a real browser. If you must, a newer version of Internet Explorer, or better yet, Chrome, Safari, Firefox...

SuperDianWei wrote:The "Map" link at the top of the forum seems to be broken. Rather than take me to the actual map thread, it is set to link to http://kongming.net/conqueror/simrtk/ , which essentially just refreshes whatever page I am on. =/

What browser are you using? Version number?
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby SuperDianWei » 11 May 2010, 10:38

Xian Zhu Xuande wrote:
SuperDianWei wrote:The "Map" link at the top of the forum seems to be broken. Rather than take me to the actual map thread, it is set to link to http://kongming.net/conqueror/simrtk/ , which essentially just refreshes whatever page I am on. =/

What browser are you using? Version number?

Firefox Version 3.6.3

EDIT - I tried doing it on IE, and I got a popup type thing of the new map, which I presume is the desired effect. Still, I would much prefer if there was a way to make it work on Firefox, since I will not be using IE again in this lifetime outside of diagnostic type things like this.
Moved on to greener pastures.

V5: Ju Si Gai (193)
75*.57*.74*.111*.107*
Acumen, Administration, Arson, Articulate, Artisan, Navy, Networking, Propaganda, Rally, Reversal, Rumor(e), Trap(e), Zeal
The Master of Writing (+75%), The General of the Rising Falcons (+20 Unit Limit, +25 TP), and The Governor of Jiang Xia

<SLM> don't make bets with people like SDW...he knows too much about everything.
SuperDianWei
Middle Aged Officer

Location: "Ladies, I'm just telling you what you need to hear!"
Kingdom: Oprah's Guest House

Postby Aureal » 11 May 2010, 10:51

I don't think it's the browser then- that's what I use and my only problem was realizing that I needed to click somewhere else to close it rather than use the back button, which only removes the map image from the frame but not the frame itself.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 11 May 2010, 12:02

Aureal's right on this one. I've tested newer versions of Firefox and they're working great. I'm especially unsure why it is actually refreshing the page on ya. If you have Javascript enabled it should work. If you have Javascript disabled it should just take you to the link you mentioned. I'd start by making sure Javascript is enabled, then try re-installing Firefox/upgrading if a newer version is available.

Aureal wrote:I don't think it's the browser then- that's what I use and my only problem was realizing that I needed to click somewhere else to close it rather than use the back button, which only removes the map image from the frame but not the frame itself.

Yeah. I'd like there to be an actual close button. That was the plan, but the one created initially doesn't place properly with the layout I put together. I tried to toss one in on the map itself with Javascript but there's a cross-domain violation (kongming.net -> simrtk.net) which won't allow KMA to tell SimRTK what to do with its iframe. I'll have to pack the map up and move it over to SimRTK to get around that. Probably the ideal solution anyway.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Supremacy