Priceless Events (Archives)

Forum rules, feedback, speak with game masters, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: Game Masters

Postby Oa Tua » 24 Sep 2003, 04:51

Xiahou Mao wrote:The Prime Minister of the Han strolls in, accompanied by an entourage of bodyguards and both Xiahou cousins. He scans over the offered items for sale, before pulling out a lengthy list.

Cao Cao: I would like to purchase 4 Maps of Luo Yang (400 gold each), an Ornate Head Piece w/Precious Gem (named, *ahem*, Duck Hat) for 550 gold, a Precious Silk Palace Dress for 710 gold, a War Horse for 775 gold, and Universal Knowledge for 2000 gold. The total should be 5635 gold. I have many, many skills, but Trade is not one of them..

And in 199 AD, Haute Couture is born in central China.
Oa Tua ( 坚 师 - Jianshi) v2WL
(27) 96* 54* 94* 70 63*
Aid, Dash, Footsoldier, Formation, Invent, Rally, Reversal, Scout, Navy*
Oa Tua
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 13 Oct 2003, 05:00

Kymvir Raemiz wrote:Kong Liang approaches the village of Chen Shun, where just weeks before he had captured Xiahou Cai. This time, he arrives with next to nothing, just the ordinary armor and halberd, a spare traveling robe, and the mule he is riding.

He is in a terrible temper, as the mule had proved incalcitrant and slow, and he had failed to chase down his brother. The sight of the village angers him further, another place to remind him of his recent failures. At that moment, the mule balks, and with a curse of fury, Kong leaps from it's back.

Ripping his halberd from the mule's saddle, he pulls it back, breathing hard, and swings with a roar of anger. At just that moment, the mule decides to nibble on some nearby grass, and Kong's halberd passes harmlessly over it's head, and strikes a nearby rock. The force of the blow knocks the halberd from his hands, and Kong stares at it in helpless fury.

Pulling back his boot, he kicks the rock as hard as he can, and succeeds in just injuring his foot, making him scream in anger again, and setting off several minutes of cursing that the mule ignores, having grown used to it already.

Finally, Kong calms down, picks up his halberd, and stares forlornly at the mule.

"Damn you, beast. I'm going to make you into glue when I reach Chen Liu."

Brother Dun wrote:As Kong Liang is swearing loudly, another man, across the village, whom had been waiting for him rides towards him. The man is Xiahou Cai. He rides up to Kong Liang, two cavalry soldiers in tow, one the elite guard, whose brother was slain not more than a few weeks ago by Kong Liang's ambush. All three men's faces were emotionless, Xiahou Cai's especially cold.

Xiahou Cai: Kong Liang. How nice it is to see you so soon. Having problems with your ass?

Of asses and spears.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Location: Please Direct Gameplay Questions to the Game Rules Forum.
Kingdom: Huo Hu

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 13 Oct 2003, 07:21

Xiahou Mao wrote:The pair are admitted to the audience hall, along with the infant. As they enter, they see Cao Cao, a slight look of annoyance on his face, talking to Cao Ang and a teenage boy, who seems to be causing a fuss.

Boy: D-d-dad! I w-w-wanna serve you! Why c-c-c-can't I?

Cao Cao: You can't even talk without stumbling over your words, Pi.. listen to you stutter. Until you get over that, and learn to talk normal like your older brother, I can't trust you with a job.

Cao Ang: Mrrphle. Ggrb bblm.

Cao Ang seems to take some satisfaction in his younger brother's discomfort. Cao Cao, however, looks up at the two women entering.

Cao Cao and children, the last hope of the Han…
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby Oa Tua » 13 Oct 2003, 17:19

Junts wrote: Li Ming grabs a Jade Imperial paperweight from his desk and throws it Xunzhi as the latter falls into a battle crouch. The unexpected missile cracks onto his forehead right between the eyes, and and Xunzhi's eyes cross in pain (injury). Dazed, he grabs the paperweight and throws it back at Li Ming, who takes it in the side of the head as he draws his blade. The absurd image strikes Li Ming, who glances at Xunzhi, and begins to laugh. Xunzhi laughs a bit less heartily, and the two trade blows, with Li Ming easily defeating Xunzhi's attack and landing a blow with the hilt of his sword to Xunzhi's temple. After landing the blow, he speaks. "I take no pleasure in this, Liu Xunzhi, for you are one of the finest talents ever to pass through my office. It is for the Han that you must die, and as it is my decision for your life to end, it is only fitting that I am brave enough to carry it out myself."

Xunzhi unleashes a scholar's attempt at a battlecry, but it doesn't distract the experienced warrior. Li Ming pauses, speaking again "I understand that you are no soldier, but this is the most honorable death I can offer you. Rest assured that your family will be looked into and taken care of." He then crosses swords with Xunzhi, pulling him into a clinch, and he then heaves away, sending the other man's sword flying with ease. Li Ming winces as the fine weapon gouges a deep gash in one of his upholstered chairs. He sheaths his own weapon, and picks up the Spring and Autumn Annals, and then proceeds to fall on him and bludgeon him around the head with the heavy book.

Xunzhi eyes him in incredulous pain as he is beaten with the book, and Li Ming catches his gaze and addresses the defenseless man again. "Your death will be an honorable one, friend Xunzhi, and your body shall not be mutilated by my blade or any other. Please fair well in your next life, and avoid people like me who are not worthy of the title ‘friend’." He then unleashes a one-two combination to the sides of Xunzhi's head that leave him completely dazed, unconscious or dead.

Li Ming sighs at the sight of Xunzhi, with darkening bruises all around his head. He then rears back and unleashes a monstrous blow tothe top of Xunzhi's head with the book, and the cracking sound of his spine is heard in the quiet room. Xunzhi falls to the ground, obviously dead. Li Ming eyes the book, now somewhat misshapen, with smears of blood on it, and sighs.

"Why didn't I use Guo Liang's stupid book? No one would miss that." He then heaves the book onto the gashed chair, and sighs.

Those who live by the book...
Oa Tua ( 坚 师 - Jianshi) v2WL
(27) 96* 54* 94* 70 63*
Aid, Dash, Footsoldier, Formation, Invent, Rally, Reversal, Scout, Navy*
Oa Tua
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Junts » 14 Oct 2003, 08:25

Anyao rubbed the ink from his eyes with the sleeve of his robe and followed Mi Heng. Turning Mi Heng around, Anyao threw a right-handed punch right at the older man's jaw, then drew his sword in his right hand.

Anyao: "You will come with me and at least meet Liu Cao. I don't care if you tell him to glorify himself or become his most loyal officer. I went through the trouble of hunting you like the dog you are and I will not go home empty handed. You can come with "voluntarily" or as a corpse. Your decision "friend".

---

Shan Tao's punch connects solidly with Mi Heng's mouth, knocking him back on his heels. Mi Heng splutters for a moment, though his quickly fattening lip and the bite on his tongue aren't really helping matters.

Shan Tao has lost 11 bond with Mi Heng (yes, negative), Mi Heng has lost 3 teeth.

---

Mi Heng faced Shan Tao with a look of absolute loathing on his face. He considered punching back, but being the nicely refined scholar, he decided not to act in such a barbaric way. Blood dripping from his lips, Mi Heng spat his broken teeth into Shan Tao's ink covered face, which now had specks of red too.

"Fwine. I'll come and shee thees babwoon's ass, and I'll wet te whole world know abwout his unwighteousness," Mi Heng quickly gathered his writing implements, and mounted his horse, riding rapidly towards his home without a backward glance.

Mi Heng..or is that Alvin, Simon, or Theodore? Gets employed.
The extraordinarily ancient Liu Cao of ages past.
<Elysia> I am the simRTK MILF
Junts
Ely's Pet Rock

Kingdom: Mine!

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 20 Oct 2003, 04:49

Some skills are mixed blessings.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 21 Oct 2003, 05:25

Xian Zhu Xuande wrote:
An excerpt from Shan Tao's darkest memories wrote:A gentle glow fell upon the aged man as he sat in the dark room, reflecting off the top of his head between his thinning silvery white hair as he gazed across the room into the darkness. He moved his drink forward to the coaster once again, a lose wrinkle-covered flap of skin from his arm brushing against the table before folding outward as he rested his arm.

A resounding snap followed by a weak male moan resounded through the room, followed by several more in quick succession. “You want more?” an adult female voice demanded shrilly. Another crack, the sound of a whip glancing across a stone wall and then moving across flesh rang out. “Tell me you want more!” the female voice demanded again.

“Yes…” a weaker male voice called out pitifully in response, before moaning as the sound of leather raking across skin rang out once more. “Yes, please, more…” the voice called out again. “Mmm, of course you do, Shan Tao, because you know what love I’ll show you if you say you don’t,” the female voice cooed in response.

The lady turned, her face barely coming into the dim moonlight shining through the window. “Gu Guang,” she said softly, stepping forward, her hips swaying to a gentle rhythm and her face still smooth despite her advancing years. “Master,” she continued with a wink, “how does this make you feel?” She bit her lower lip seductively, brushing her right hand through her short jet-black hair, her deep blue eyes shining to reflect the joy she was experiencing.

Gu Guang leaned his head back, closing his eyes as he heard yet another deep crack followed by a weakening male moan, a flap of skin hanging from his chin as he smiled, the wrinkles of his face tightening around the sides of his lips and gathering at the corners of his eyes. “That’s perfect Mistress Shao, I can hardly wait…” he said quietly, his voice raspy and forced. He looked forward again, rubbing his hands against his thighs through his baggy black trousers, though another anomaly brought about by his age left him with a poor ability to feel in the lower half of his body. “Line it with the twinge powder, I want to hear him moan some more.”

Mistress Shao removed a small glass tube from her belt, smiling as she licked the whip, looking at the weakened figure of Shan Tao. She sprinkled the powder along the whip where she had licked it, much of the powder taking hold while the rest fell to the floor. ‘Shan Tao,” she said lovingly, “thank you for bringing us together again…”

Shan Tao looked up, his vision blurry as pain still raged through his body. “But…” he tried to respond, but then the vicious black leather strap came down again, moving across his chest and the side of his stomach with a resounding snap. Shan Tao closed his eyes tightly as a wave of fiery pain accompanied the vicious attack, then felt light headed for just a moment before falling to the ground, the pain slowly taking him into darkness as he moaned in agony.

Mistress Shao turned back to Gu Guang, walking toward him again. “You’ve been a bad boy while your love was away, you’ll have to be punished?” she cooed in a delighted tone, her voice barely hinting at a question.

“Yes,” replied Gu Guang enthusiastically, “I’ve been a very bad boy…”

Shan Tao closed his eyes as darkness consumed him.

BM, do you still want Lady Shao and Gu Guang together again?

Sometimes relationships end for good reasons. The relationship between “Master” Gu Guang and Lady Shao is one of such relationships. These relationships, generally, should not be rekindled. There are ways to remind people of these things.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby Junts » 10 Nov 2003, 06:02

Somewhere in Liu Cao's Office wrote:Lady Shao bit her lip, then stopped tapping on the wall. She chuckled at first, then shook her head and laughed. “He actually?” she asked, laughing a little more before calming herself and simply smiling. “Well isn’t that just the sweetest little thing, our friendly amoral rogue was worried about me.” She winked. “You know, that would actually be flattering if I could tell the difference between him worrying about me, and worrying about what sort of things Gu Guang might try to do to him, irrationally holding him accountable for my death. Good heavens, if I blushed just now, I might have to kill you for witnessing it, Xuzhe.”

She stepped away from the door, looking at it for a moment and grinning as she waited to see if the guards heard her before looking back to Liu Cao and shaking her head. “And of course I have absolutely no interest in your love life, I’d say you are just about the exact opposite of the sort I might be interested in. Maybe if you were a little more active, a little less friendly, and able to hold your own against me in a fist fight.” She forced herself to giggle, trying to make it sound as girlish as she could. “Is your brother a cold hearted killer?” she asked sounding hopeful. “Maybe you can set me up with a real man?”

Shao Limian and Liu Cao have a heart to heart about matters of love.
Junts
Ely's Pet Rock

Postby Junts » 19 Nov 2003, 15:17

BobPalindrome wrote:The clock on the wall was slowly ticking away the seconds before the bell would ring, and soon the classroom doors would swing open, releasing the students of Mr. Zhang's 6th Period European History class. Sitting at her seat in the backrow, Pang Qian rested her head in her hands as she doodled idly on the back of her notebook. She was a freshman at the San Guo Sim Academny for Young People, and so far, her first year had been sadly been uneventful. She had thought high school would be more exciting, but so far, it had been the pits. The classes were boring, and droned on for hours and hours. But at least this one would be over soon. Qian held her breath as she began a mental countdown. 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3...

"And that's why I wear this tin foil plate on my head," Mr. Zhang was saying, though no one was listening, "to stop the government from controlling my brain. They want you to to be robots, boys and girls. Don't let it happen!"

Finally, the bell explonded with its loud clanging, and in moments, Qian was on her feet and out the door. She made her way down the crowded doorway, until she found her friends, Li Fei and Xun Ryu, waiting by their lockers. Li Fei was a pretty natural blonde and the head cheerleader, always putting on a big show of modesty while she called the rest of the squad all kind of names. Ryu was a big Eddie Vedder fan leftover from the '90s, decked out in unappealing flannel and worn jeans.

"Hey, girls, what's up?" Qian said with a smile as she bounced up to them. "Y'all ready to get your lunch on?"

Fei rolled her eyes. "God, Q, you're such a dork."

"A big, fat dork," Ryu added.

The cafeteria was crowded as usual, as high school kids waited patiently for high-school dropouts to give them their daily meals. After grabbing their food, Qian, Fei and Ryu sat down at a table and looked around. They immediately started gossiping about all the different cliques.

"Look at those jerky football players," Ryu grumbled, nodding toward the table where the starters of the San Guo Barbarians sat. "Always acting so superior. I'd like to knock them down a peg or two."

"I dunno," Fei said with a smile. "I think that Liu Cao is pretty dreamy."

"Forget it," Ryu said. "Sima is wearing his varsity jacket now and everything. Total steady city."

Two bulky boys clad in varsity jackets walked up behind the trio, one poking Qian in the ribs. "Hey, fatty fat McFatty! You're lookin' good today! You'd better give that compliment to your ass today before it forms it's own website."

"Leave her alone, Anyao," Ryu snapped.

"Hi, Liyong," Fei chirped to the other boy, battering her eyelashes. The boy grunted.

"Bite me, sweater monkey." Anyao tilted his head toward two boys who were still standing in line. "You girls seen Mr. Sun's kids? They're new, just enrolled yesterday."

"Yeah," Qian gushed. She knew who they were. The older one, Ce, had caught her eye. He was very cute, but supposedly very moody. Just her type.

"Word is they might try out for the team. We're going to haze them like women under the Taliban." Anyao turned to his companion. "C'mon, Liyong, let's go give wedgies to San Yuo and the rest of the AV nerds."

As the two boys went off, Fei reached over and grabbed Qian's notebook. Before Qian could protest, Fei was reading her doodles and snickering.

"'Mr. and Mrs. Ce and Qian Sun!!! <3 Bofu & Chanjing 4ever!!!'" she read aloud. "Man, Qian, I thought you only liked cake."

"Shaddup!"

"Seriously, Q, go talk to him," Ryu said with a grin. "Come on, go."

"Maybe I will."

"Bet you won't."

"Just watch me!"

Qian stood and made her way over to where Ce was standing. His brother Quan had his nose in a book, "How to Take Jiangzhou for Dummies." Qian noticed the border of a Qiao centerfold sticking out in front of it. She opened her mouth to talk to Ce when she suddenly felt a bowel movement. She gasped, and Ce turned to her.

"Yes?" He sounded just like the lead singer from Depeche Mode! Qian almost swooned, but she was too busy keeping her cheeks clamped shut.

"Uh, hi," Qian said softly.

"Yo."

"Um... so..." Qian's mind raced as she thought of the right words to say. First impressions were important, she knew that. She wanted to sound charming, but not too eager. Witty, but not a snob. Intelligent, but not a geek. But what was he doing? Was he staring at her love handles? Or her acne? Her braces? God, she was nervous! She gulped, closed her eyes, and wiped the cold sweat from her palms. She had to say SOMETHING!

"I like your braces," Ce said.

Qian felt her pants suddenly get heavier. Oh, no, she thought. She started to panic. Had she really done it, right there, in the cafeteria?! She had to get out of there! Fast! But what could she do to keep everyone from staring at her? What if Ce saw the stain as she was getting away? She needed a cover... Something cool, something calm and reasonable...

"HOLY BEJEEZUS!" she screamed. "SOMEBODY PUT CRAP IN MY PANTS!" And with that, she turned on her heels and ran.

Schoolgirl Pang Qian meets Sun Ce..and does he rule, or what?
Junts
Ely's Pet Rock

Postby Xiahou Mao » 11 Jan 2004, 05:10

It took long enough, but finally gathered by Black Mage in a single post for the first time, the Xu Sheng Saga!

A background for those who weren't around when this happened a good 9 months ago, the governor of Ji defected from Tai Ziyi to Tir McDohl, and loyal officer Xu Sheng was captured during the defection. He was brought to Tir as a prisoner, they tried to recruit him.. and it began..

Xu Sheng Saga wrote:Guards escort Xu Sheng from Ji to Lord Tir McDohl's Audience Hall in bounds. The guards bring him towards Rage and Chan Ho Nam.

Ho Nam: *Smiling* Ah! Lord Xu Sheng! My lord has been expecting you. I am sorry about your current situation. Guards, unbind him.

The guards unbind him, but of course Xu Sheng is unarmed and unarmored. Not only that, but there are some guards in the room (XM, you are the one to know how many guards there are...) so Xu Sheng really can't do anything.

Ho Nam: To the servants Please, bring us some tea. To Xu Sheng Come and sit with us. Let us sit down and talk.

Xu Sheng: ...
Rage: ...
---
Xu Sheng: How could Sima Zhang do this? The traitor. (Xu Sheng glances around as if contemplating escape, but decides it's unwise) What is it you want with me? If you want me to join, forget it, I have no intentions to. Tai Ziyi is an old friend of mine going back many years, and I will not abandon him.

He begins to fidget, seeming equal parts nervous and angry.

To himself..... SO.....this is the mighty Xu Sheng. I wonder why he served such a lowlife like ziyi?
---
Rage: We do not want to place you in prison, most of our cells are empty. We dont have many criminals with our patrols protecting the citys. You are a prisoner, but i admire you, and so does Chan Ho Nam.
---
Xuan Wu hears the conversation between Xu Sheng, Ho Nam, and Rage outside the room...

Hmm... so that's Xu Sheng? Why did he got here? but after all, this human is a valiant one, maybe I have to tell my Lord not to take his life off... I know, if we release him, he'll back in other time to get revenge on us, but, there's no more choice... please respect human's lives. *leaves the chamber*
---
Ho Nam: Ah, I see. Lord Xu Sheng, you are a valiant general and your fame is well-known throughout the land, especially in Ye, where the people dislike Tai Ziyi yet admire your name. Of course, Lord Rage and I, we are here to persuade you into the services of Lord Tir McDohl.

You are too great a man to be executed! One such as you ought to live a glorious life! One of valiance and courage. Yet the Heavens have put you in this position.

It is no secret that you are a loyal officer. Why don't you...tell us what exactly makes Lord Tai Ziyi such a great lord? If Lord Tai Ziyi is really the great man as some are willing to believe, then tell us.

---
Rage: Why did Sima Zhang defect to Tir if Ziyi is such a great ruler? ANd why did he choose to join Tir? I can answer one part, He joined Tir, because he sees the good in him. Tir is young, but is beyond his years, and a true compassionate leader. We could use someone of your skills in our ranks Xu Sheng.

Xu......
Chan......
---
Xu Sheng shakes his head.

Xu Sheng: Why would Sima Zhang defect? Because he is a spineless coward who doesn't have the ***** to stand against his enemies on the battlefield, perhaps? If your lord attracts traitors to his side, what does that say about his own moral stature?

Xu Sheng turns to the side and spits on the ground.

Xu Sheng: I am not certain you understood me, when I said I would not abandon Tai Ziyi. So, allow me to repeat myself, and speak very slowly so that you will understand. (clears his throat) I.. Xu Sheng.. do not.. intend.. to.. aban.. don.. that means to leave, by the way. Aban.. don.. Tai.. Ziyi.

He folds his arms across his chest, meeting the stares from the Tir McDohl officers.

Xu Sheng: I certainly hope that were the roles reversed, you would do the same thing and stand up for your lord. If not, how could you call yourselves warriors?
---
*Zuo Shao walks in to the court...*

Zuo Shao: Ah, Lords Ho Nam and Rage, what a delight to see you again! I heard that we had...acquired a prestigious general from Tai Ziyi's ranks... *looks at Xu Sheng* ...ah, I see that it's true. Xu Sheng is it? Yes, you have the look of a fine general indeed. Are you thinking of joining forces with my Lord Tir, because I have to say that we could really use someone of your calibre in these crazy times...

Xu Sheng:...
Chan Ho Nam:...
Rage:...
---
Xu Sheng: You could use a lot of things in these crazy times, among them both a clue, and some guts to face your foes straight up, and without trickery. I will not submit to anyone, especially not when captured under such ignomious conditions. You had best stop the flattery and do whatever it is you plan to do with me.
---
Rage: would you rather have war in the lands and deaths to innocent sodliers, who are brothers and fathers, and widow woman and have children grow up fatherless. I think it is by virtue that Sima joined Tir. They averted senseless bloodshed. I am proud to be in the ranks of Tir mcdhol. We have taken a city and gained a lot without war. Does that not express true strength and compassion?

Xu......
---
Ho Nam: With a disappointed look Lord Xu Sheng, that you are unwilling to talk with us. My Lord Tir has given me the responsibility to talk to you, but if you are unwilling to listen, then I am sorry.

I respect your desire to stay loyal to your lord. All I want to here from you are reasons why you have such a hard heart. If you give us good reasons for your undying loyalty, then I will ask my lord to show you mercy and perhaps even let you go.
---
Tir McDohl: You are really a loyal person, Xu Sheng. I like to let you go but my officers will be unhappy about it, so I like to invite you to stay in our guestroom (Prison, hehe!) for a while. I will try my best to let you stay in there comfortably.

Tir McDohl signals the guards to bring Xu Sheng to the "guestroom".

Tir McDohl imprisoned Xu Sheng.
---
Xu Sheng: It expresses one thing and one thing only, that Sima Zhang is a dirty rotten traitor who I would gladly run through were he here right before me.. or, rather, strangle him, as you've taken my weapon away. (coughs) A soldier is not innocent, no man is. Men must fight for the defense of their homelands, this is how life has been and will always be. If one does not fight, one dies. It is the way of the world.. you have robbed me of my chance to fight for my homeland, through a cowardly act of treason.. and you expect me to view you as friends? Share a drink with you? Do you take me for an idiot? Yes, the answer is obvious, you do. Well, I am no idiot. I am aware my words will cost me my life, but so be it. I am comfortable with that. While when your time comes, you may be dragged kicking and screaming before the executioner, bawling your eyes out and begging forgiveness, I shall go quietly and with respect.

As Tir McDohl arrives to lead him away, Xu Sheng fixes him with a glare, but doesn't say a word. He allows himself to be re-bound and led to the jail without a struggle.
---
Xiahou Cai moves down into the dungeons of Ye. Within the chamber he sees the form of Xu Sheng skulking in one of the cells.

XS: So have you come to execute me? Or have you come to bother me with words of joining your "lord". Even though I WON'T!

Xiahou Cai sighed as he moved closer.

XC: Lord Xu Sheng... why do you fight so? You know it will cost you your life, yet you valiantly serve Tai Ziyi. Please, tell me, why do you respect Tai Ziyi so, and why do you despise Tir McDohl so. That is all I ask of you valiant Xu Sheng. If you tell me, I shall depart, unless you care to listen to a story of mine... But that shall be your decision.

Xiahou Cai looked into the cell, right into the eyes of Xu Sheng, he could feel Xu Sheng's pride welling up inside of him.

Xiahou Cai pulled a stool away from one of the gaurd tables and sat a few feet away from Xu Sheng's cell, just out of arms reach, so as to not get stolen from or attacked.
---
*Rage approaches the holding chambeers of Xu Sheng*

Rage:Xu do not worry. You will be given three full meals a day. You will also have access to the courtyard to meditate and exercise. You will have certain freedoms to keep you comfortable, but you will always remember you are a prisoner.

You will be able to speak to any of us at any time. You can send a guard to deliver a message and we will visit you. You will also be permitted a few visitors, but there will be extremlely heavy guards present.

You will be allowed to go on walks through the city when you are accompanied by more than three of tirs officers and a small guard unit. These are your terms. Do you have any requests?

Xu......
---
Xu Sheng: Perhaps the concept of friendship is lost on you and your kind.. but it is not on me. Tai Ziyi is my close friend, and has been for years. When he rose up to defend Luo Yang, I happily joined him, and it pains me to be seperated from him now at a time like this. I was with him from the start. I do not despise your lord, I do not think anything of him, for he is a nobody. I do think highly of my friend, though, and no venom you can spew from your mouth will change that.

He doesn't mention the story, either way, saying he wants to hear it or he doesn't.
---
Cao Fan listens outside the window of Xu Sheng

Cao Fan: Why do you say such things? Do you really think Tai Ziyi is better than Tir McDohl? Why...how could you say such a thing? Tir is working for the people and the land, he wants it all to prosper. Xu Sheng what level have you sunken to, to not realize good from evil. Dont you see we are the antidote for the venom the Lord Ziyi had been feeding you. You have been brainwashed by his empty promises and false rumours.

I hope you realize how wrong you are, my Lord is only trying to to help you to come back to your true self. He knows your true self, he knows you would rather work for peace and not for a tyrant. Xu Sheng, if you remeber what you set out to do before you met Tai Ziyi you will return to your pure self.

Xu Sheng:.....
---
Xiahou Cai does nothing but stare into Xu Sheng's eyes with a gaze of steel. Xu Sheng does not falter in his defiance. He merely does the same back. Finally Xiahou Cai opens his mouth to speak.

Well Lord Xu Sheng, it seems that you love your friend deeply, and I am not one to stop you. Friendship is a hard thing to lose and be apart from. I know you are upset for being separated from your friend Tai Ziyi. I know you long to be back at his side. I used to be that way. But I shall not bother you with the story I was going to tell you, since you did not speak of it. But, if you ever need to speak to anybody here, about anything, whether it be critisism or what ever, you may tell it to me. I shall treat you no differently than one of Tir's officers.

XS: ...

So it is the silent treatment? Well, I see that Lord Rage comes this way to speak with you. As I said, feel free to speak with me whenever, if you so desire.

XS: ....

Xiahou Cai bowed to the man now held captive in Ye. Although he did not believe in keeping a man against his will, allowing this man to return to the dangerous Tai Ziyi would not be a good thing.
---
Ho Nam: My Lord Tir, Lord Xu Sheng is truly a noble man. We cannot merely talk our way into such a loyal heart. I, Chan Ho Nam, on Lord Xu Sheng's behalf ask you to release him.

To keep such a righteous man in binds is virtually a crime. I ask that you consider letting him go back to his friend Tai Ziyi. The man is a warrior who longs for glory in battle and given his circumstance, he was unable to fulfill that desire.

I know that this was not my suggestion before, but I had misunderstood him. He is too loyal a warrior to be turned over by words and keeping him against his will shall not turn him either. I ask you to release him and if heaven wills, we will meet him again and perhaps then will be our chance to turn his heart to our cause.
---
Chen Chao has heard about Xu Sheng's imprisonment, even though many in his kingdom would like to call it otherwise, and decides to pay Xu Sheng a visit. He finds Xu Sheng guarded by some of Tir McDohl's elite guards so that Xu Sheng has no chance of escape on his own. The guards recognized Chen Chao and let him approach.

Chen Chao- I have heard of the honorable Xu Sheng being held as a so called "guest" after recent events and I had to come to see you myself. I have had great respect for the rumors of your great loyalty in the past, and once again you have proven yourself even more so, in my eyes. I think you are being held for several reasons, the one which I support the most is the fear of what you may be able to do back in Tai Ziyi's hands. I mean no disrespect, but many of us under Lord Tir have come to dislike Tai Ziyi. My disrespect isn't won easily, but after you Lord, Tai Ziyi, declared that he was going to take our capital Ye by our surrender of it or by force, he had finally earned my disrespect. I, myself, am loyal to my Lord, and I will stand by him until the end. That is why I had to come and see you. I wanted to pay my respects to you and we have made mistake keeping you here against your will. I would not stand idle if my lord or fellow officers had intentions to execute such a person as yourself. I hope that one day we may be able to be able to fight for the same lord. But if you have nothing to say for me, I have business to attend to. It seems that there is a certain person that deserves the respect to be returned to his lord. *Chen Chao then bows deeply to Xu Sheng, and turns for the door*
---
Rage talks once again with Xu Sheng.

If your lord is really such a good friend to you, than why hasnt he sent to ask for your pardon? Or even talk to you through a letter? Maybe he doesnt truely care for you? I am sure he can at least attempt to pay for your release through a small bail? But you have been inprisoned for nearly two weeks, and he hasnt done anything. Maybe that should tell you something Xu Sheng. You can see that you are wanted here and not elsewhere. I will do all in my power to keep you here. I strongly disagree with some of my fellow officers in letting you walk away scott free. It would e like letting a lion back into the pride, only to one day possibly have to fight it. YOU WONT BE LEAVING HERE SO EASY. YOU ARE A PRISONER. And even though you are treated fairly you are stuborn. How would you like a few days in a real jail? I will let you talk with the other officers. I am not so forgiving and I will make sure you are treated well, but under no circumstance will you Make a mockery of our compassion and good faith. For the second you bite the hand that feeds you, You will lose your teeth. *Rage takes a flask out of his Pocket, it is filled with his favorite alchohol* I know you are a good man, and i am gonna try to be frank with you. Would you like a drink? We dont have to be enemys, you might as well make the best of your time and live in the present, not in the past.
---
Xu Sheng waves his hand absently, shaking his head.

Xu Sheng: Chirp chirp chirp. The birds are squawking their nonsense. Do whatever you want with me.. execute me, toss me into a 'real' jail, whatever. Do you really think that when Tai Ziyi sends a letter, I would be permitted to see it? You are the ones who make a mockery of me, by thinking I am a fool. I am a better man than you are, and you should not forget that. I do not wish to share a drink with one inferior to me, much less one inferior to me who belittles my intellect. Begone from here.

Xu Sheng shakes his head and grumbles.

Xu Sheng: Some of these people aren't so bad, but guys like you, having to listen to you drone on and on is worse punishment than a 'real' jail would be. If I had a knife handy, I'd slit my own throat.. or yours.
---
*Rage takes the swords of the nearest two guards*
*Rage then throws one at the feet of Xu Sheng and holds one in his own hand*

If you want to die without reason or if you think your death here will mean something, than by all means, please go ahead and try to prove something. Because if the better man is a prisoner, Maybe he would like to prove how greater he truely is? Seeing I am free as a bird, I believe i am the greater man.

I am not provoking you, but heres the blade you wanted. Is your life that worthless though, that you would end it all right here?
---
Chen Chao- *He steps up beside Chan Ho Nam and Leung Sik Gai* What Chan Ho Nam and Leung Sik Gai is sage advice. Our nation has already taken a hit by our imprisonment of Xu Sheng. When other officers across the land hear of our doing so, they will think of us as barbarians. We want to come across as a wise and forgiving nation, a nation worth serving, so that future offers of recruitment will be more acceptable to officers we capture. Imprisonment of an officer will only change the mind of that officer to later join us if the officer is weak, and we don't want weak officers in our nation. If we are going to get Xu Sheng to join us, if that is still possible, we need to show him you are a compassionate leader so that he will have the desire to join. I also request that you release Xu Sheng letting him know that it was our mistake holding him against his will. Please, take this into great consideration, My Lord!
---
Xu Sheng immediately picks up the sword, and grins.

Xu Sheng: Now what? You've armed me. Do you have the guts to do anything about it? C'mon. I'm the best friend of your worst enemy. I just called you a worthless idiot, in not so many words, because you are. So now what are you going to do? Attack me? I'm right here, waiting. And you know you'll regret it. Well, you probably won't live to regret it.

Xu Sheng remains seated, not even gripping the sword handle tightly. He seems to not be taking Rage seriously at all.
---
You asked for a blade, and i gave it to you. I am not afraid of you otherwise i wouldnt have done so. I am just being courtious.
*rage takes a swig from his Flask* Now you should be aware that others like you. I kinda like you, but for a prisoner, you should know when not to talk so much. It can get you in a lot of trouble. So whats it gonna be? You said you would kill me if you had a sword? Have your instincts kicked in and told you that you couldnt defeat me? If you dont want the sword, than i will take it back and give it to the guard so he can go back to his duties.
---
Xu Sheng: I only speak when spoken to. Or in your case, squawked at. (he fingers the hilt of the sword, still not readying it in any way) But hey, words are just words, right? They don't hurt. I can call you whatever I want, and you won't let it bug you, right? There's nothing wrong with me calling you the most bullheaded and least courteous general of Tir McDohl, who does not know when to leave well enough alone, who is a failure in his studies and does not know how to read or write, who, to be blunt, looks like the rear end of one of Wang Huang's Rent-A-Mules. No offense. Words don't hurt, right?

Xu Sheng yawns, before regarding Rage with a friendly smile.

Xu Sheng: I think that's what I'll call you now. Mule Boy. You never introduced yourself, so why not? Anyway, run along, Mule Boy. Send back one of the other better looking people, so I can have an intellectual conversation, instead of sitting here and shooting fish in a barrel.
---
Tir McDohl went to visit Xu Sheng in his guestroom.

Tir McDohl: Xu Sheng..It pains me to see you captured in here. I can't release you just like that as it will show weakness. How about this, if Tai Ziyi comes personally and ask for your release, I will release you. I guarantee I will not harm your lord in anyway. I give you my words if you can trust me. Though I don't expect him to politely ask for your return, as least he can request for your return in a gentlemanly manner.
Here are some paper, brushes and ink that I prepared for you, go ahead and write a letter to your lord to ask for him to come and request for your release.
---
Ho Nam, after hearing what was happening in Xu Sheng's quarters, rushes in with several guards.

Ho Nam: My heaven's Lord Rage! This is why you ought not be hanging around Liu Chun Fung so much in the tavern! Please, do not show such disrespect to our guest.

I apologize for this Lord Xu Sheng. ...I see you have a blade. Ho Nam currently wants to bang his head against the wall. There is no need to be violent. I have heard your story and I have the utmost respect for you and your resolve.

I have already told Lord Tir that it is no use keeping you here and have also asked to release you. If you would please drop the blade willingly, then I can assure you your safety. But if you do not, I cannot guarantee that these guards here will show you mercy seeing as though their duty is to protect us.

---
Xu Sheng shrugs, seeing Chan Ho Nam and hearing his words.

Xu Sheng: Violent? Me? I'm not the violent one.. this man here was making threats on my life, and attempting to arm me so he could kill me. (he points his free hand at Rage) Control him, and I'll happily give the sword back. As for you..

He looks to Tir McDohl, and shakes his head.

Xu Sheng: Again, do you take me for a fool? If Tai Ziyi comes here personally, you'll attempt to ambush and kill him. I will write no such thing. Why must everyone here disrespect me? If you're going to let me go, which I sincerely doubt given your track record, just do it and quit your barking. If you're not, kill me and be done with it. Just don't make me have to put up with the company of men like this.

He points at Rage with his free hand once more.
---
If Tir didnt stop me, I would have executed you before you even got here.
You can use your words all you want, i was fair to you and you were the bullheaded one. *rage takes the sword back from Xu* I knew you wouldnt do anything. But yeah i guess words dont really hurt, and You being captured and shackled in chains, you look like a Dog foaming at the mouth. I dont see why keeping you here is a threat anyways. any attack by you or ziyi would be suicide. So i guess since i cant take your life away here, i will do it in battle. Maybe you should learn how people react? If you knew of Sima's true intentions and how crappy your friend ziyi is then you wouldnt be here would you? I guess if you want to call me mule boy? i can always call you a helpless little mut who lost his master, because that is truely what you are.
---
Tir McDohl: I see, you don't trust me. Ok then, write a letter to your lord that he can send anyone, be it an officer, a soldier or even beggar. I will immediately release you once someone with Tai Ziyi's orders come to request for your release.
---
Xu Sheng does not struggle or put up a fight.

Xu Sheng: What chains am I shackled in, exactly? I'm being treated rather well, except that I can feel my intelligence draining away in your presence.. and, well, you smell like your namesake, Mule Boy. Are the rest of you going to control your animal? (looking to Chan Ho Nam and Tir McDohl) If this guy's your diplomat, I'd hate to see your warriors.

Xu Sheng stretches out, cracking his knuckles and grinning.

Xu Sheng: I don't take commands from you, O Weaselly Lord of Ye. Like I said, release me or kill me, or stick me in a jail forever, but I'm not going to jump through hoops for you. I'm not a trained animal, to talk, roll over, and write at your order. You already have enough animals in your service who do that.
---
*rage sees he has no authority to act on the words of Xu Sheng and glares at him and spits on his feet*

You dare speak to my lord in such a tone.....I will leave for now. But I will always be willing to kill you. You are lucky tirt is so compassionate.

*rage heads to leave*
---
Ho Nam: Please Lord Xu Sheng. Lord Tir and I, and many others think you too great of a person to be executed on these terms, nor wasted away in someone else's custody. However, you need to understand our position. We cannot merely open our doors for you, or any other prisoner for that matter.

We respect your resolve and am willing to take a risk and make a sacrifice for you. If you do not personally write this letter to your friend, Lord Tai Ziyi, then I fear he will not believe us.

If you truly desire to be by your lord's side, whether it be in battle or in his court, then write to him. If need be, we will write the terms on which he must receive you if you find this task to be demeaning. We have lowered our standards, from Tai Ziyi to come himself to any one of his officers, for you and have shown you much respect as a prisoner. I'd hope to receive that same respect back. And if you do not show that same respect to my lord, then you do not show the same respect to me.

Please, I pray you, we do not plan any plots and you have my word if you do not believe me. If you cannot hold my words in good faith, then you misunderstand me.
---
Xu Sheng: Goodbye, Mule Boy! (he waves)

Xu Sheng then stops and thinks about Chan Ho Nam's words.

Xu Sheng: No plots, no schemes? Is this a promise? Very well.. but only because you requested it so nicely.

Xu Sheng reaches out and collects the writing materials, eyeing them carefully. He looks from Tir to Ho Nam, before reaching with his left hand and taking the pen, dipping it into the ink, and writing out a message in a barely legible scrawl. It reads..

Xu Sheng wrote:
Captured by Weasel of Ye. Harassed by Mule Boy. Request immediate assistance, before I lose my sanity. Send a soldier to request my release. Do not come personally, for it is likely a trap.

Oh, and kill Sima Zhang really good for me in case you never see me again, alright?

Signed - Xu Sheng

Xu Sheng: There. Is that good enough for you?

He smiles sweetly.
---
*Rage turns around and walks back to Xu, Rage is drunk and he is in a fit of....well...Rage*

Rage: You know what Xu Sheng, you can act all tough as you want. But i gave you the sword you asked for and you didnt do a damn thing. You dont have shackless on you because you are so damn harmless. I am not much of a diplomat, that is correct, I dont hide behind words. We might as well release you like the other officers want to, cause i can see you are no threat.
---
Ho Nam: Looks at the letter Ha. I see. Very well, my word is my word and I can do nothing but follow it. I will deliver your letter right away.

To Tai's messenger Tell Lord Tai that there is nothing right now. I will contact him since I have been charged with dealing with Lord Xu Sheng.

Retreats to his quarters with Xu Sheng's letter to write up his own.
---
Chen Chao- *Walks into the room to address Lord Tir* Lord Tir, a messenger from Tai Ziyi has come for Xu Sheng. I think we should now let him go, but since Xu Sheng thinks that we are trying to plot against him, I would like to personally escort Xu Sheng back to Tai Ziyi to show that we meant no harm. Will you permit me?
---
I think it is kinda funny how nobody except myself seems to care that THis Enemy has disrespected tir and myself. He is an enemy loyal to the death, who would not hesitate to kill tir. Do you honestly think that Ziyi would spare any of you? Or even treat you with any decency if you were captured? We treated him humanly and he was disrespectful. You basically are telling our enemys that if we captrue you, we will try to recruit you, and if it doesnt work, you can go back to your leader and plot to kill us. That is garbage. You are all compassionate, but also very foolish. I can see us releasing an officer that has low stats, and isnt really to loyal to his master, but we got one of the big guns in tai ziyi's arsenal, and you are gonna just let him go for free? This is a terrible policy, you are all puppets on a string and this man controls your emotions and has won your hearts, this man who disrespected tir and me, this Loyal general of ziyi, this prisoner.
*Rage leaves in utter disgust, he is deeply disappointed at how his fellow officers acted. He mounts his war horse and heads to Pu Yang.
---
Xu Sheng: Well, Mule Boy sure showed you guys, didn't he? I'd keep an eye on him, if I were you. He might kick.

Xu Sheng looks at the other gathered officers and chuckles.

Xu Sheng: Ah, that was fun. Anyway.. if you really do intend to release me, you have my thanks, as well as my condolences for having to put up with certain animals at your court.

Xu Sheng remains seated where he has been sitting this whole time, waiting for Tir McDohl to make his final decision.
---
After all the events that had happened with Xu Sheng, everyone had left Xu Sheng's room to debate the final terms to Xu Sheng's release. After a short while, Tir McDohl had these matters to Chen Chao and Chan Ho Nam to discuss. As the terms were finished, the basic plan was that Chen Chao was to escort Xu Sheng back to Tai Ziyi to prove that there were no plots being planned by Tir McDohl and his officers to dispose of Tai Ziyi and his officers, including Xu Sheng. Chan Ho Nam wanted to make sure Rage had a chance to understand why things had gone the way they had and to find out if he truely agreed with the plan. From what Chen Chao heard, Chan Ho Nam and Rage had come to some sort of an agreement, so Chan Ho Nam went ahead and sent a messenger to Tai Ziyi to make sure he understood what was going to happen. Chen Chao then headed back to where Xu Sheng was guarded to fill him in also.

Chen Chao- *As Chen Chao aproaches Xu Sheng, he bows deeply* First off, I wanted to extend my deepest apologies to you for what has recently happened. Like I told you before, I can understand your situation and I admire your loyalty to your Lord. I will personally see to your safe return. It is getting late tonight, so I think we should hold off, if you don't mind, and I will escort you with five guards that I have personally chosen back to Lord Tai Ziyi tomorrow. Unless you have something to say to me now, I will see you tomorrow. Sleep well. *Chen Chao bows again, and turns to leave*
---
*Zuo Shao, with a large compliment of guards and archers (10 of each) arrives at Xu Shengs "apartments"...*

Zuo Shao: Guards, sieze and disrobe the prisoner. If he fights back, knock him unconscious, then continue disrobing him. Xu Sheng, if I were you, I'd comply. You see, we are at war with your lord currently, and the populace around here might react violently to someone dressed in the clothing of an officer of our enemy. Please put on these clothes, and your escort will arrive later. *drops clean, simple robes on the "prisoner's" bed...*

---
*It is night and rage is tossing and turning in bed, he cant sleep. He is disturbed by his fellow officers lack of conviction, for they want to release an enemy...for no reason* *rage is totally against it*

"Damn Them!" " I cant sleep....I am going to pay old Xu Sheng a lil visit before he goes"
*Rage Puts on his armor, cracks his knuckles, grabs his Blade and mounts his warhorse. He is not going to race there because he doesnt want to make much noise*

*rage approaches the holding quarters of Xu SHeng, he notices more guards than usually...He is puzzled to see royal guards present*

Rage approches the entrance and enters the quarters....He sees Zuo Shao, he see many guards and he sees Xu SHeng....

Anyone......
---
Zuo Shao: Ah, General Rage. I'm just here seeing to the, uh, safety of our "guest" when he is transported through our lands later. Guards! Two of you, man the door and don't allow anyone else! The only person that I better see come through that door is me on the way out or Lord Tir! Now go!

Guards: Yes sir! *they go and man the door...*

---
Xu Sheng: Hey, whoa whoa whoa. I don't know what kind of ideas you might be having, but I am not going to take off my clothes for you. Who knows what you'd do to me. Pervert!

As the guards advance with intent to forcibly remove Xu Sheng's clothing, Rage enters, and Xu Sheng immediately stops his retreat, grinning cheerfully.

Xu Sheng: Mule Boy! Long time no see! What's shaking? Besides your tiny brain inside your oversized cranium, of course.

While Xu Sheng is distracted by Rage's arrival, the guards do grab him and begin following Zuo Shao's instructions. In the meantime, Xu Sheng yelps and squeals. Rage must be wondering what he's walked into..
---
While Zuo Shao had taken over Xu Sheng's room, one of the guards on duty, Lei Zhi, was off on a bathroom break. He came back only to find a pair of new guards at the door.

Lei Zhi- Can I ask what is going on?

Guard A- Lord Zuo Shao is seeing to Xu Sheng's safety before he will depart back to Tai Ziyi. May I ask who you are?

Lei Zhi- I am Private Lei Zhi. I was one of the four original guards watching Xu Sheng. I had just taken a break to the bathroom and I come back to find you two here at the door. Can I reenter so I can return to duty?

Guard B- Lord Zuo Shao dismissed the guards on duty and gave them the remainder of the night off. Since you are part of the original guard, you can also return to the barracks and get some sleep.

Lei Zhi- Alright...I mean thank you. Please give Zuo Shao my thanks.

Lei Zhi was returning to his barracks when he remembered what Lord Chen Chao had told Xu Sheng before he left for bed. Lord Chen had said that he was going to be the one taking care of Xu Sheng and that they were going to head out the following day. Things seemed a little out of place so he decided to inform Lord Chen of the current situation. It took some doing, since Lei Zhi had no idea where Lord Chen had gone to spend the night. After some asking around with other security guards around the palace, he found that Lord Chen was resting in one of the Palace guest rooms not far from where he was. Lei Zhi approached the door and knocked twice. There was no response. He knocked again. This time he heard a muffled reply.

Lei Zhi- Lord Chen, I have something I think you need to know.

Chen Chao- *Sounding very groggy* Come on in. The door is open.

Lei Zhi- *Lei Zhi enters and takes a deep bow. Chen Chao glances at the guest, semi-conscious, still laying on his bed* Sir, I came to tell you that Lord Zuo Shao has taken over Xu Sheng's quarters. *Chen Chao shoots up in his bed, now fully awake* I was taking a quick bathroom break, and when I returned, I was informed by the guards posted at the door that I had been excused of duty. They had told me that Lord Zuo Shao was preparing Xu Sheng for his trip back by seeing to his safety. I thought you were put in charge of the prisoner, so I thought I should inform you.

Chen Chao- You did the right thing...uh...who are you?

Lei Zhi- I am Private Lei Zhi.

Chen Chao- Ah, Private Lei Zhi. I will remember your name. One day I will repay you for your insightfulness. Now, you can return to your barracks and take the remainder of the night off.

Lei Zhi left for the barracks, glad that he had decided to inform Lord Chen of the recent events.

---------------------------------

Chen Chao immediately put some clothes on and headed to the room Xu Sheng was being held in. Chen Chao was furious. He and Chan Ho Nam had been put in charge of Xu Sheng, and after they had worked out the details and put things in motion, someone else had stepped in and taken over without informing himself or Chan Ho Nam first. He knew there was probably reasoning to Zuo Shao's actions, but he felt like he was being disrespected for not being informed of the recent events. He tried to calm himself as much as possible before he approached the guards, but he would see how calm he really was when he started talking.

Chen Chao- Let me in there now!

Guard A- *Taken aback by Chen Chao's tone of voice, but decided to follow his orders* I am sorry Lord Chen, but we are not allowed to permit anyone but Lord Tir.

Chen Chao- Then one of you two better get in there now and get me Zuo Shao. If you do not, I will enter the room no matter what. I want to know what is going on! *Thinking to himself* This staying calm thing isn't really working for me. I need to get ahold of myself before Zuo Shao come out to meet me.

With those words, one of the guards slips in to notify Zuo Shao of Chen Chao's presence, if he had not yet felt it.
---
Chen Chao can hear Xu Sheng's panicked calls from within the room..

Xu Sheng: defile! defile! For the love of god, help me!
---
Chen Chao hears Xu Sheng's cries and bolts into the room past the remaining guard and sees the ackward situation. He notices that Zuo Shao and Rage are in the room, along with a large amount of guards. Chen Chao turns to Zuo Shao and glares.

Chen Chao- I want to know what's going on right now. Lord Tir left the situation with Xu Sheng up to Chan Ho Nam and myself. After setting everything up to return him, I come to find out that you have a different agenda. Knowing you as I do, my friend, I am sure you have a reasonable explanation, but I think that its beneath you to overlook informing me of what is going on. *Chen Chao glances over at the struggling Xu Sheng* I also demand that you treat this man here with respect. Nobody deserves to be treated this way, and this man is one of the more honorable men of this time period. *Chen Chao then shakes his head* I am tired of this confusion. Outside, now, so you can give me the respect I deserve!
---
I dont really know whats going on here either? But I dont think it is anything bad? I just walked in a few minutes ago..and Guards where *giving* the prisoner new robes to wear. So i dont really know what to tell you? *rage sees Xu Struggle and tells the guards to use all their force and not hold back if he struggles.

I am sure there is a good explanation for this.
---
Zuo Shao: Guards, continue to change the "guests" clothing. Xu Sheng, I don't know why you are carrying on so. I only wish to see you safely extradited out of our city. Like I said before, we are not on good terms with your lord, and this is in your best interest. *turns to Chen Chao* Ah, Lord Chao. Please, walk with me for a minute, and I'll explain... *whispers to Chen Chao as they walk back to the door* ...So you see, brother, it was all arranged before-hand by Lord Tir. It looks a little ludicrous, I admit, but that's why I brought all the guards and wanted noone admitted. The "guest" isn't being harmed at all! I, like you, admire this man's loyalty, honor and skill. The only place I would harm a hair on his head is on the battlefield, like a true man. If he'd only stop fighting, it would be over by now. Maybe you could convince him...

Chen Chao:...
---
Xu Sheng: I'm not fighting! I'm trying to preserve my dignity, but it's hard when your moronic guards are forcing their grubby dirty paws on me! They're jabbing their fingers in every.. ooh! That tickles! Stop!

Xu Sheng giggles as the soldiers continue to forcibly disrobe him. To his credit, he's only squirming as opposed to using actual violence on the men. He has yet to actually take a swing at anyone, since being captured..
---
Zuo Shao: *walks back over to Xu Sheng accompanied by Chen Chao...* Okay, okay. *chuckles darkly* If you men so much as think about doing anything untoward to our guest, I will personally see to it that you answer to Lord Tir! Now finish up this business quickly, as I'd like to spare this man anymore embarrasment!

Chen Chao:...
---
As the guards back off, Xu Sheng straightens his clothing and brushes himself off. He clears his throat, then notices Rage out of the corner of his eye.

Xu Sheng: Yeah, I bet you'd like to have been a part of that, Mule Boy.

Xu Sheng walks with dignity over towards the offered robe and begins to change (unless he gets tackled and pummeled by Rage, of course).
---
Chen Chao- *To Zuo Shao* Thank you, brother. This man deserves great respect. I feel lucky to have the chance to meet such a man in my life. *Turns to Xu Sheng* I should be back soon. My presence is needed elsewhere at the moment. *Bows deeply and leaves with Zuo Shao* Brother, sometimes even I don't understand you. I guess its good that we have our own jobs in this kingdom because I could never do your job as well as you do. I guess....
---
After Xu Sheng shows no signs of struggle, he is led to the gates of Ye and Released. He is given a horse and enough food for two days journey.

Rage: Xu Sheng...since nobody came for you..we are going to have to let you choose. Do you want an escort or not. If you choose and escort, it will be me to take you, and i will bring a small guard of sodielrs on horseback. Let me know?
---
A soft but quick gallop comes up behind Rage and Xu Sheng. Rage and Xu Sheng turn to see the source of the galloping and see a black steed with almost no shadow, and a man in black armor with a menacing halberd mounted atop it. Xiahou Cai comes over to the two generals with a slight smile.

Now Rage, you didn't think I'd let you escort him alone did you? Especially since they seem to hate you almost as much as they hate Lord Tir over in Chen Liu, and not to mention Xu Sheng seems to dislike you even more than a normal citizen of Ziyi.

XS: He's right Mule Boy! Ha ha!

Quit that. You're still in our custody, and I am the executioner.

Xu Sheng did not make a reply to this but more so took up a snooty look and did not face Xiahou Cai, as if to be a rich snob and say "I don't care peasant." Xiahou Cai merely laughed.

Ahh, I'm going to miss this man's sense of pride. It's quite funny. Rage, we are to give him an escort to the city gate of Chen Liu, so as to make sure he doesn't decide to do anything while in our country side. As soon as we cross into the Tai Ziyi's country we can either continue to take him to Chen Liu, or just leave him there. Which is what I think we should do. Leave him after shortly after crossing the borders. Gather your small contingent of gaurds, and lets be going. Ohh yes, Chen Chao was to bring the escort. We shall wait here for him. Then you shall be released Lord Rage to go about your duties. I on the other hand will travel with Lord Chen Chao, whether he likes it or not. I'm bored and I feel like travelling. Ha ha!

R: ....

XS: ....
---
Rage: Let us three go to that tavern over there.....we will wait for chen chao to arrive....we will let him take over when he arrives. I will send a letter to him, and tell him we are here with Xu SHeng
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby Lady Kerrington » 07 Apr 2004, 22:23

Xiahou Cai recieves Infamy2...

A slender old man, dressed in a simple Taoist robe and with a turban wrapped about his head, approached the guards of the hall and looked at them with quiet reserve, though his eyes seemed to pierce into their very hearts.

"I met a man named Xiahou Cai, whom expressed his interest in having able men join him. Before I could give him my reply, he had left, and I am here to deliver it to him now. Tell him that Water Mirror is here to see him."

Guards Yi and Lan scratched their heads at the name of the old man.

Guard Yi: Lan, run ahead and tell Lord Yonghu of the "Water Mirror"'s coming.

Yi then turned to "The Water Mirror".

Guard Yi: Sir, as it is customary in these parts I must search you for hidden weaponry. Do you consent to a search?

The old man bowed his head. "Of course, of course. You do know, however, that not all weapons are made of metal and wood? Some are invisible." He winked, and let the guard search him as he would (to find nothing.)

After searching the man, Guard Yi let him into the audience hall.

Yi: You are correct, not all weapons are made of metal and wood, but many of them are. Anyways, here we are... excuse me, I shall announce you.

Guard Yi stepped forward and cleared his throat.

Yi: Lord Yonghu, an elder by the name of "Water Mirror" is here to speak with you.

Yonghu looked upon the old man thoughtfully, Yonghu then bowed respectfully before the elderly man.

Xiahou Cai: Greetings Water Mirror, I respect your Taoist ways, and it is an honor to meet a Taoist mystic as yourself. I believe I have heard of you before, a sage if I am not mistaken. For what do I owe the pleasure of a visit from a Taoist sage?

The man offered a meager bow back, looking straight into Xiahou Cai's eyes. "You, Sir, have requested that I enter your service. I have given this matter long and pressing thought." Water Mirror narrowed his eyes slightly. "And I have chosen to decline, by reason of your deeds."

Yonghu nodded to the man.

Xiahou Cai: Hmm... I see, the deeds of my past have caught up with me. It is truly a shame. I do however thank you for the courtesy of coming to speak with me on the matter Elder Water Mirror. Are you by chance the mystic Sima Hui?

"Indeed. Aren't we perceptive." The old man smirked, his gaze turning to something that seemed even more cold -- and even a bit sinister.

"Hear my words, Xiahou Cai of the North. You call yourself Duke -- you are a duke of a morass. You may be as cunning as a serpent, but you are also as stupid as a pig. You call yourself a fierce tiger, but you are no tiger. You are as a wolf upon the land, ravaging and rampaging."

Sima Hui sneered, raising his chin while keeping a level eye with Xiahou Cai. "Base churl, do you think you can escape the reprecussions of your actions? This place is a pit from which no decent man returns. Darkness has cast over your lands. Your people lack heart. Your officers possess the morals of maggots, and you are the pregnant insect that spawns them.

"You dog! You think you can slink your scrawny, flea-infested body amongst the kingdoms with impunity? Everywhere, the people are scratching, cursing your name. And I curse you, Xiahou Cai. You shall never see the Nine Springs. You shall roam the land, an unsatisfied shade, and reap the wickedness you have sown. Darkness and dissention shall forever be your companions!"

Sima Hui spat on the floor to seal the curse, and looked Cai level in the eye once more. "The mystic Sima Hui has spoken."

Yonghu's smile shifted to a stony gaze.

Xiahou Cai: Sima Hui, the stories are much to flattering for you. I scoff at your petty curse, I do not fear false prophets. I already know of your "taoist" ways, but you are nothing but a falsity. I thought to be kind to you, but now I know that you are a snide little man. Begone from my sight now, lest you wish to lose your harsh tongue.

Yonghu went back over to his throne and sat down upon it. He then motioned for the guards to come forward and take Sima Hui and drag him from the audience hall and kick him out of the city of Ye.

"Suit yourself, wet cur," the man offered in return, before the guards dragged him out. Sima Hui went with dignity, unaffected by the weak mannered insult given to him, nor the treatment he was given. There was no reason to be surprised that such a lord would show nothing but disrespect for the words of a true mystic.

Xiahou Cai has recieved Infamy2!
i'll feel bitter twice -- once for the journey
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Lady Kerrington » 07 Apr 2004, 23:10

Gongjin the assassin! ... or was it the doctors?

A messenger rides into Lu Jiang from the north, carrying a package on his saddle. When he arrives at the city proper, he informs the guards that he is seeking Ling Long, to deliver him a package personally.

The guards search him thoroughly for weapons, and finding none, escort him to Ling Long's quarters as would be customary for a standard messenger bearing a package. Once there, the messenger knocks on the door.

"Lord Ling? I have an urgent package to deliver to you."

There is no response from the room...

A few seconds later, two guards come to tell the messenger that Ling Long is in the garden behind his quarter. The messenger is then escort to the garden where he sees Ling Long working on his new drawing. Ling Long put down his brush as the messenger comes near (still 20 paces away). He turns to the messenger with a warm smile.

Ling Long: I was told that you have a package for me, may I ask, who is it from?

The messenger bowed, seeming purely undisturbed by the presence of the guards around him. "My lord, I have brought it from a man in the north who is called by the zi, Gongjin. Though I do not know his interest in you, he bade me send you this."

The messenger held out the package from beneath his arm, waiting to be able to give it to him.

Ling Long ponders for a few second before he signals his servant to revive the package. While the servant walks back toward Ling Long, Ling Long continues his conversation.

Ling Long: Gongjin? Please corrected me if I am wrong, but you meant to say, Zhou Yu, the young gentleman zhou, is sending me this package?

By the time he finishes, the servant had already place the package in front of him. Ling Long turns to the package, but has not opened it up yet. He waits for the messenger response.

The messenger stood patiently, and nodded his head. "Yes, Lord, I do speak of the good Zhou Yu. You know him, then? I am pleased, it makes my work easier."

He smiled and bowed his head. "If you have accepted the package, my lord, may I be excused? The life of a messenger is very hasty, and I have other packages to run."

Ling Long was pleased.

Ling Long: Please carry my gratitude to Lord Zhou Yu.

Ling Long calls in his servant.

Ling Long: And one more thing, if you are not in too much of a hurry, please have a good rest and a dinner at my place. If not, I will prepare some portion of our southern food, so that you may eat it along the way. I thank you once again for this package.

"I thank you for your hospitality, good lord. I must be of haste, but I would gladly partake of your graces." The messenger bowed, and left the room (with escort if required).

Ling Long opens the package, but finds it contains nothing more than a standardly sealed envelope, which appears to have a letter and something a bit weighty and small inside as well.

He opens the letter, and it said.....

Inside the envelope was a single gold coin, along with a letter that reads as follows:

Lord Ling Long,

I, having long considered the difficulties facing the Lord of the Capital in his war against the barbarian horde, do offer to meet with you in Xiao Pei to discuss a strategy that may assist you in your coming battles. I do not wish this meeting to be widely known, so please keep the coin enclosed within, as it will serve to identify you to those who protect me here, and they will escort you to my presence.

Gongjin

About an hour after reading the letter, Ling Long felt himself becoming light headed and feverish. He broke out into a cold sweat, and while he tried to find support, he found himself suddenly collapsing onto the floor. The guards around him rush to his aid, but Ling Long begins retching violently and uncontrollably. His body feels completely numb and useless, and any effort he makes to move it results in a jolt of unbearable pain, though he can speak limitedly. The guards that have come to his aid try to support him, looking at him for command.

Ling Long is deathly ill, and has suffered -75% to all stats!

The servant returns with the closest doctor he could find, which looks over Ling Long with a horribly worried expression. He has the guards help him move his body into the closest bed possible, displacing some visiting politician of little importance. By the time he is moved -- which takes at least a half hour, with the doctor shouting here and there to be careful -- two more doctors have joined him. They inspect Ling Long thoroughly for a long time, whispering to each other in worried murmurs. While they do so, Ling Long drifts in and out of consciousness, the pain feeling like numbness throughout his bones and muscles, so long as no one prods or moves him.

Finally, a doctor sits down beside the bed, looking at Ling Long with a serious expression. "You're poisoned, there's no doubt about that. How, we can't figure out, but whatever it is. . . " The doctor sighed, leaning back in his chair. "We'll do our best."

Several days pass, but no word comes from a more skilled doctor. The doctors in attendance to Ling Long do their best, working night and day. The man is put through every treatment they can think of. They tried to leech the poison out of his body with the largest, blackest leeches they could find; they tried administering any number of herbs, most foul enough to make Ling Long vomit anew. They even attempted a risky treatment -- injecting him with a strong poison to flush the old out of his system, then administered the antidote for it, leaving the man to suffer through spasms, incontinence, and hallucinations.

By the end of the fourth day, Ling Long was limper than when the poison had hit him, had dozens of open sores and hundreds of places where needles had been pricked into him to allieviate the bad energies. It was too late, however; the poison had taken its toll. Having not recieved the immediate treatment necessary, and having been only tortured by the various treatments of his doctors, Ling Long has died to poison.
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Lady Kerrington » 11 Apr 2004, 02:07

Never send demand surrenders via unlucky messengers. Especially barbarians.

Shi Zhi Mi wrote:Ji Ling: WHAT?!

The noble warrior is fuming and his hands were shaking to do something violent to someone. Last time he lost his temper he killed some unknown messenger who threatened to destroy Lady Diao Ji. Now there was another messenger saying the same thing? That was too much for the poor guy who has been at Diao Ji's side since day one.

GUARDS!

Ji Ling's barritone voice ripped through the silence of the throne room and the doors beyond. Fifty guards flooded the room and Lady Diao Ji's personal guard came up infront of her to form a wall of flesh. Four shield guards threw up their shields and four spear guards leveled their spears toward the trio, the two cloaked and the young boy messenger. Ji Ling looked at Lady Diao Ji who nodded her head in approval

Ji Ling:"Though we loose Nanman this day let it be known that we died defending what we believed! Guards.."

When he spoke next it was a whisper that cut through the tension like a hot knife through flesh

Ji Ling:"Kill them all! They shall be our sacrifice to the standard!"

The guards rush forward in precision timing and their strikes were quick yet deadly. The boy messenger thought he might get out of this mess being a kid and all but he was the first to die, impaled on Ji Ling's war trident. The tri prongs pierced the boy's flesh and dug through organ and sinew to explode otu of his back in a spray of blood. With a blood curdling roar Ji Ling raised the trident into the air and shook the boy up and down on it to cause as much pain as possible. It was rather comical to watch the boy mew in pain while in his own death throes, limbs flopping all over the place.

The other two, Weng Lian and Huo Zhao Jun didn't even have the honor of being cut down by someone known. Instead they died in infamy at the sharp edge of a guard's sword carrying all of the wrath of Diao Ji behind every swing. In the end..there was a boy messenger shishkabob and a bloody pile of flesh with two heads ontop . Ji Ling barked out the orders and the pieces of flesh were going to be scooped up into sacks to be dumped over the heads of the invaders. The heads, they were kicked down the hallway like soccer balls. Their rolling down the halls was accompyined by the musical whistling of Ji Ling and the flapping limbs of the dead messenger boy. Soon enought the heads would be propped up on the eastern wall for the armies of the Shan Yue to view when they arrive.

Ji Ling felt a whole hell of a lot better now.

Weng Lian and Huo Zhao Jun have been executed! The poor nameless boy messenger has been executed! -6 PR to Diao Ji

OOC: Hope you enjoyed the Ji Ling Show! Btw..this was all approved by Lady K beforehand.
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Lady Kerrington » 11 Apr 2004, 04:31

Lu Bu has a philosophical moment:

Xiahou Mao wrote:Lu Bu: Ah, but you are the fool, for insulting me and not knowing the name of the lord you wish to serve.

Lu Bu raises his halberd for the killing blow, but pauses. He frowns, before lowering the mighty weapon.

Lu Bu: This isn't right. A man shouldn't be killed like this, while bound and helpless. We should release him, and give him a chance to fight me for his life, fairly, one on one. That would be the right thing to do, the just thing, wouldn't it?

Lu Bu pauses and thinks that over. Eventually he grins, before plunging the pointed tip of the halberd through Zhao Serge's chest in a spray of blood. Still grinning ferally, he locks eyes with the dying man and twists the weapon in the wound, before ripping it out, as the guards let the dying man fall to his knees, gasping feebly.

Lu Bu: Life isn't fair. But sometimes, as you prove, people do get what they deserve.

Zhao Serge has been killed by Lu Bu!

Diao Chan, living halftime as a dumb blonde, and halftime as a moralless scholar?:

Lady Valana wrote:he palace guard frowns at the guests, and walks up to the few people currently gathered in the audience hall, Pang Degong speaking (with difficulties) to a rather ignorant Diao Chan, whose two ladies in attendance preen her dress carefully as she stands with her arms crossed listening to Degong try to rationalize something to her.

When the guard interrupted them, Diao Chan seemed impertinent, and began to harangue him verbally. "Dont'cha see I'm busy? You stupid fool. Ugh, I don't know how Zhongyin puts up with you idiots, I mean, like..."

The guard cleared his throat, pointing to the guests, and Diao Chan glanced their way, spying the woman in their midst. "Oooh," she said, smiling wittingly. Turning back to Pang Degong, she murmured something to him, which he replied with, "But Lady, I would not leave you so unattended in our current situation. Please, proceed, I will not interfere unless necessary."

Diao Chan sighed, shrugged, rolled her shoulders. Stuck in the presence of guests, she couldn't really speak as she pleased, and so strode forward, offering a little curtsey to the guests. "Well, greetings. I'm the Lady of Chang'An, can I help you with something?"....

Diao Chan listened to each of them in turn, though her eyes often drifted to the woman among them. She gazed over Jianzhi slowly and carefully, trying to gauge what kind of a threat she would be to her own position. She certainly seemed to be a woman secure with her own abilities, not a woman who would come into Zhongyin's lap easily. Besides, she had two impressive men with her. . . perhaps. . .

"Guards!" Diao Chan called out after the last word had been spoken by the trio. "Leave the hall, I wanna talk alone with 'em."

"But Lady Diao! You -- " protested one of the guards.

Diao Chan threw him a vile glance. "What-evah!" and he protested no more. The guards looked at each other and nodded slightly, then filed out of the audience hall, leaving the three alone with Diao Chan, her lady attendants, and Pang Degong, who smiled slowly once they were finally alone. When the last of the doors had closed, Diao Chan sighed pleasantly, and then smiled. "Much better. So, commanders of small talent? Why should we not seek out people of greater talent, those who would be the equal of our finer generals? We have loyalty and we have talent."

Pang Degong interrupted, lightly putting his hand on Diao Chan's shoulder. "But we do not much have honesty, Yuwa..."

Diao Chan gave pause to that comment, then smiled. "No, no we do not. But virtues have little place in this kingdom -- what do you three say to that? Which is better: to pursue a goal no matter the path you take, or to release that goal if the path that must be taken is not virtuous by the eyes of scholars?"
and once for missing you
Lady Kerrington
&#26263;&#31661;

Postby Lady Kerrington » 11 Apr 2004, 23:59

The memorial of Sima Ming Yue, presented by Lu Xun:

Lady Valana wrote:Lu Xun enters the audience hall and bowed before Liu Cao, with a smile. "My brother, I have written a memorial, would you hear it?" Seeing Liu Cao's curious nod, he read as follows:

Lu Xun wrote:In times of trepidation and fear, when the future seems as uncertain as the changing of the winds, heroes are often made. These men and women go beyond the level of expected commitment, sacrificing their very being for the good of the state. They think not of themselves: not of the gain they could make, not of the risk they put themselves at, nor of their own fears or worries. Indeed, heroes are not truly heroes; they are those who put themselves aside for another.

In this past season, while the cold winter brought chills to our bones, it also brought chills to our hearts, as our beloved Lord was nearly slain. He has now arisen from the brink of death, not only on the merits of his many loyal officers, but particularly on the merits of a hero. This hero was the beloved Sima Ming Yue, Minister of Interior Affairs, Grand Minister of Agriculture, and the General Who Displays Majesty.

Lady Ming Yue was the first person to reach our Lord upon his wounding, placing herself in a position of serious risk for the sole intention of saving his life. This she did without a thought to her own safety, or to consideration of the chaos about her, and this instant action of aid distinguishes her for her personal care and dedication to the State and to our Lord.

Furthermore, she quickly assumed control of the capital, taking all necessary measures to ensure the security of its inhabitants. During our Lord's convalescence, she kept the capital intact under careful order, maintaining peace both between foriegners and between the men and women that work within its walls. Though the success of these actions are quite noted, it must be more noted that again, the Lady Ming Yue relinquished her own care and needs for those of the State.

Most noteably, the Lady Ming Yue, so selfless as she was, spent her entire waking moments dedicated to the very health of our Lord. When she was not herself directly tending to his wound, for which her hand at healing is beyond compare, she was carefully managing the other doctors that had come to tend to his wounds. Such was her management that our Lord's recovery was not only successful, but expeditious and without complication.

For these things, we ask that Lady Sima Ming Yue be honored and treated as a hero, a truely selfless woman who gave up herself for the whole of our Lord and the State. Her dedication, loyalty, and passion is without equal.

Lu Xun, Grand Coachman and General in Chief

...and that presented by Binh Yue, the Poo-et of Shoe:

Himaru Kenshin wrote:My name is Binh Yu
And I love you
I would give you my Shoe
but they are brand new
and I might have stepped in some poo..
But hey, forget the kid, Lui
I know somthing we could do
I will make you some stew
Sima Ming Yue