V6 Map Feedback

Forum rules, feedback, speak with game masters, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: Game Masters

Re: V6 Map Feedback

Postby Lionheart » 17 Nov 2012, 20:19

I just noticed the "Ruler" tab on the map that displays a kingdom's stats. How long has that been there? I like it very much, either way. Does it list only stuff that's deployed on the map, or does it also include stuff that hasn't been deployed?
~ Wang Jin (Male, 155-193)
~ Hua Xin (Male, 157- ???) 37-54-67-90-71 | Skills: Acumen, Administration, Civil Engineer, Farmer, Investigator, Networking, Propaganda, Rumour
~ ???? ?? (?, ???) ??-??-??-??-??
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Kingdom: Chen Wei

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 17 Nov 2012, 20:44

Lionheart wrote:I just noticed the "Ruler" tab on the map that displays a kingdom's stats. How long has that been there? I like it very much, either way. Does it list only stuff that's deployed on the map, or does it also include stuff that hasn't been deployed?

It is the most recently added big feature. It has only been there for about half a week. I'm glad you like it—a lot of work went into that goofy little screen. And it only counts resources deployed on the map (not stored in cities).
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Location: Please Direct Gameplay Questions to the Game Rules Forum.
Kingdom: Huo Hu

Postby Calistoknight » 20 Nov 2012, 14:21

i'd like to see some sort of CiC indicator.

Looking through the battle thread there were some skills that can't affect the CiC but during this current pre-game battle I really don't know who is a CiC, only assume as such. Plus I don't know if it fits here exactly but with the way the battle system has been changed if its appropriate to have multiple CiC's out if you deploy reinforcements or two armies deployed from different cities but attacking the same city for example.
Pre-Game:
Xu Bao (42)
Stats: 66-85-80-40-60
Skills: Arson, Artisan, Craftsman (e), Logistics, Military Engineer, Weaponmaster
Items: None
Calistoknight
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: N/A

Postby Aureal » 20 Nov 2012, 22:29

Calistoknight wrote:i'd like to see some sort of CiC indicator.

What's a-

Okay, okay, I'll stop. There is no such thing as a CiC anymore. If you spot any stray references to such, point them out so I can remove them.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 21 Nov 2012, 22:15

I've updated the MiniMap with support for regions. Click on 'Configuration' and you now have three new options:

1) A choice to display regions, which shows or hides all region data regardless of the settings below.

2) A choice to display or hide region labels (e.g. 'Jingzhou').

3) A choice between two region border styles: a colorful border which labels each region with a designated color and stands out very clearly, or a much more subtle border which can be used independently of other region data without overpowering units and locations on the map.

Cache refresh required; map preferences will be reset and must be re-configured.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby Xeniphon » 21 Nov 2012, 22:20

This may not be an issue this version but I recall that in previous incarnations the Terrain skill (Flood attack specifically) could change the terrain temporarily. I am not sure this has been kept but you might want to check with other staff (Aureal I think) to see if this is something that has been kept or not and if so then if the effect is doable reasonably.

No need for an answer, I just thought I would point out the potential issue.
Oh well, back to the drawing board...

V6 Character: Now Undecided
Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Xiahou Mao » 21 Nov 2012, 22:50

I don't think terrain was ever changable in battle in previous versions. That said, we have more freedom with that now with Map and all it offers.

Oops! I broke Bei Hai!
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby Xeniphon » 21 Nov 2012, 23:22

Strange, I seem to remember that a Flood could turn land into a swamp temporarily... Perhaps that was the version that shall not be mentioned or perhaps it was some strange fever dream... Oh well, thanks for setting that straight XM!

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Xevious » 08 Dec 2012, 11:44

Fatal error: Call to undefined function str_replcae() in /home/simrtk/public_html/resources/classes/map/Map.class.php on line 621

When trying to Load Battlefield at Cheng Du. Seems like a typo.
Shenmi Xiang (60)
58-57-90-58-57
Breeder; Civil Engineer; Craftsman; Fortunate; Invent; Wealth (e)

Yiju Zongfen (V5)
Xevious
Veteran Officer

Postby Xiahou Mao » 08 Dec 2012, 15:22

XZX says he'll get to it this morning, it was brought to his attention in a Secret Staff Thread last night. ;)
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby thegrandmystic » 08 Dec 2012, 17:08

Xiahou Mao wrote:I don't think terrain was ever changable in battle in previous versions. That said, we have more freedom with that now with Map and all it offers.

Oops! I broke Bei Hai!

If map tiles can be changed, could this open up the possibility of, say, kingdoms having the ability to construct roads between cities that don't have them? I could imagine that, with kingdom expansion, someone might be interested in increasing transport speeds between Jian Ning and Yun Nan, for example.

Speaking of those two cities, I just noticed the poison swamps there too - very nice touch. :)
Pre-Game:
Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!
45-41-81-72-60
Acumen, Articulate, Administration, Architect, Civil Engineer, Medic, Study, Zeal

Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Military Archer Nephew Man!
72-80-65-49-41
Arrowstorm, Counter, Investigator, Leader, Volley, Zeal
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby Xeniphon » 08 Dec 2012, 18:05

thegrandmystic wrote:
Xiahou Mao wrote:I don't think terrain was ever changable in battle in previous versions. That said, we have more freedom with that now with Map and all it offers.

Oops! I broke Bei Hai!

If map tiles can be changed, could this open up the possibility of, say, kingdoms having the ability to construct roads between cities that don't have them? I could imagine that, with kingdom expansion, someone might be interested in increasing transport speeds between Jian Ning and Yun Nan, for example.

Speaking of those two cities, I just noticed the poison swamps there too - very nice touch. :)

This already exists, look in the Battle Rules draft for the Construct Roads action.

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby thegrandmystic » 08 Dec 2012, 18:10

Wow, silly me, I guess I didn't read the rules draft closely enough! That's pretty awesome! Shame that it can only be on flat land, but I guess I could see problems if you allow people to go around making plank roads over hills and mountains.
Pre-Game:
Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!
45-41-81-72-60
Acumen, Articulate, Administration, Architect, Civil Engineer, Medic, Study, Zeal

Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Military Archer Nephew Man!
72-80-65-49-41
Arrowstorm, Counter, Investigator, Leader, Volley, Zeal
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby Lionheart » 08 Dec 2012, 20:52

Wait, does that mean that you can't build roads through swampland?

I have to suggest that this should be allowed, just at an increased cost. Maybe 300 or 400 gold instead of 200.
~ Wang Jin (Male, 155-193)
~ Hua Xin (Male, 157- ???) 37-54-67-90-71 | Skills: Acumen, Administration, Civil Engineer, Farmer, Investigator, Networking, Propaganda, Rumour
~ ???? ?? (?, ???) ??-??-??-??-??
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Kingdom: Chen Wei

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 08 Dec 2012, 22:14

Xiahou Mao wrote:XZX says he'll get to it this morning, it was brought to his attention in a Secret Staff Thread last night. ;)

Oops! Was setting up Christmas with my wife. All fixed up, now.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Supremacy