Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Free discussion, talk about whatever is on your mind.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Postby OneEyedDrgn » 05 Oct 2012, 04:03

I'm definitely watching Jormungand as well. The cast was just really well-done, hopefully they'll fix some of the derpy gunfights it had.

So far I've watched the hyped KyoAni Chunnibyou which I went in expecting to dislike, probably because I was disappointed with Hyouka, but it turned out to be pretty decent for the first episode. Busou Shinki; a show about little action figures fighting, wasn't too bad as well. Both of them are practically just moe though.
Liang Zhuwen 75-95-60-20-30 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster

v6 (?):Zhen Xian (21) 76-81-60-41-60 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster
Jia Yunli (24) 38-41-68-81-81 Artisan, Administration (e), Charming, Networking, Propaganda
Xun Lique (30) 67-36-81-60-70 Arrowstorm, Spy, Tactician, Wile (e), Volley

Version 5: Hao Xian zi HuXin (Lawful Good)
OneEyedDrgn
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Karsland

Postby DivineNecromancerZL » 23 Oct 2012, 07:16

Jormungand's doing fine so far. Hopefully they get down to the action soon.

I've taken on Shin Sekai Yori, and I'm liking what I've watched so far, as well as Girls und Panzer, although it's not something I'd recommend to a serious person. It's 100% moe + tanks, which is fine to watch for fun. Hayate isn't what I expected going off of the couple of episodes I've viewed so far, but whatever. The latest issue of HnG made up for it (DAT RUKA).
To Be Determined

V5 Yuan Zheng
V3 Liu Rin
DivineNecromancerZL
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Imperium of Man

Postby OneEyedDrgn » 23 Oct 2012, 23:13

Yup, Jormungand is same as always. I actually love Girls und Panzer, especially when you're watching with the troll German subs. I'd recommend Psycho-Pass to anyone really, it's a mix of The Minority Report and Brave New World, dealing with sci-fi, psychological and philosophical aspects as typical of Gen Urobuchi (Saya no Uta, Fate/Zero, Madoka). I went in thinking I would dislike Chunnibyou after being disappointed to hell by Hyouka, but it's actually a pretty damn good comedy with only small moe elements to it. Really good for that awkward nostalgia feeling of when you were a kid and acted like a superhero or Goku.

Also, I watched the Madoka movies part 1 and 2 at the first day it came out. Despite it being a recap of the entire show, with somewhat poor merchandise and a very small theater, it was one of the most enjoyable experiences ever.

Free poster, signboard, and a keychain I bought from the movie. Apparently the poster and signboard are going as high as $120 at places like amazon!
Liang Zhuwen 75-95-60-20-30 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster

v6 (?):Zhen Xian (21) 76-81-60-41-60 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster
Jia Yunli (24) 38-41-68-81-81 Artisan, Administration (e), Charming, Networking, Propaganda

OneEyedDrgn
Middle Aged Officer

Postby OneEyedDrgn » 26 Dec 2012, 04:15

I'm really really sad that Girls und Panzer will be delayed until March. I have no clue as to why, but the show was one of the most enjoyable things this season despite being pretty mediocre all-around.

Upcoming season's most hyped show is Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Story is basically your typical Hero defeats evil and faces the Demon Queen, only to join up with her to save humanity. With all the typical JRPG stuff, it's also apparently going to go through the working of medieval economy, agriculture, and the like. The main voice actors are Jun Fukuyama and Ami Koshimizu, pretty famous duo voice actors who did Code Geass (Lelouch and Kallen) and Spice and Wolf (Lawrence and Holo) together.

Not really too hyped about it, but definitely on my list of things to watch.

OneEyedDrgn
Middle Aged Officer

Postby OneEyedDrgn » 14 Oct 2013, 07:55

http://madokamagicausa.com/rebellion/

I have no idea if anyone here is a fan, but Madoka Magica: The Last Rebellion movie theater locations for the United States and Canada are now out! Earliest time is for Los Angeles peeps for December 3, with a pricey $40. The other show times for US range between early December to really late.

OneEyedDrgn
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Frostbite Dragon » 10 Nov 2013, 14:31

Anime being watched by me at this moment:

1. Kill la Kill
2. Arpeggio of Blue Steel
3. Infinite Stratos
4. RWBY (while not technically anime, it is animated)
5. Natsu no Arashi!
6. Girl und Panzer (thx OED lol)
Pre Game V.6 Character Lin Shao
Father of Lin Nuo
V.5 Character - Xiahou Xi-Feng
Frostbite Dragon
Experienced Officer

Kingdom: Secret Agent Man!!!

Postby Darth Revan » 10 Nov 2013, 14:44

Well i just finished bleach as they have it currently cancelled, and i am doing Naruto as it comes out every thursday any other good anime's out there that i could pick up and start watching?
Darth Revan
Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Frostbite Dragon » 10 Nov 2013, 14:53

Yeah, them cancelling bleach disappointed me last year or whatever. In terms of new anime, what are your interests? For me I am a fan of your syfy mech stuff like gundam, macross, and others but I also like some dramas and even harem anime. What are some of your favorites?
Father of Lin Nuo
Frostbite Dragon
Experienced Officer

Postby Darth Revan » 10 Nov 2013, 15:03

Well being a kid back in the day i used to watch gundum all the time, Trigun, Inuyasha, and the samurai one with the reversed blade that never killed anyone after the incident of being labelled a murder.

Edit: Frost its Marcus by the way. :roll:
Darth Revan
Officer

Postby Frostbite Dragon » 10 Nov 2013, 15:19

Oh ok Marcus! lol. So basically you grew up on many of the same anime I watched. The one you're not sure on was Rurouni Kenshin.

In case you haven't seen it yet, there was old series I really enjoyed back in the day you may have not seen yet. Try the series "Record of Lodoss War" There are two of them so check the older one first. It is fantasy based series with warriors, dragons, elves etc. Its basically a story of a boy trying to become a hero like his father before him. He befriends an High elf by the name of deedlit and they journey together to fulfill this quest given to them by a king who is in the midst of a war with a neighboring kingdom. It has magic, sword duels and a clear cut good/bad guys. The second series takes place some years after the first one and focuses a bit on the successors of the first group. I suggest checking it out if you can find it.
Father of Lin Nuo
Frostbite Dragon
Experienced Officer

Postby Darth Revan » 10 Nov 2013, 15:22

Rurouni Kenshin thats it lol i can never remember the name. That does sound intersting i will have to look it up after i get off post. Hopefully i can find it.
Darth Revan
Officer

Postby OneEyedDrgn » 06 Dec 2013, 17:07

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-06/samurai-warriors/sengoku-musou-gets-tv-anime-in-march

Samurai Warriors anime announced by Koei.

Shame it isn't Dynasty Warriors instead.

OneEyedDrgn
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 09 Dec 2013, 19:37

Has anyone been following the korean webcomics? From looking a the plot and the art on some of the good ones, they can rival the big names.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby Horvath » 04 Jan 2014, 14:33

If you like Romance of Three Kingdoms, the one anime you shouldn't miss is Kingdom and the following sequel Kingdom 2 !!
Horvath
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: street !!

Postby Han1977 » 28 Jan 2015, 06:37

I'm not following this thread, so maybe someone already talk about it. Has anyone read "I am a Hero" by Kengo Hanazawa?

Anyway, some people think that the way all the characters in the manga reacted during the first few days of the incident, is absurd. I think its not that absurd, but the idea that such incident could occur is the one that is absurd. Which makes it kind of realistic, that most people who are put in that situation, react that way.

Maybe the author stretched it a bit too far, but I think most people would react that way.

Opinion?
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

PreviousNext

Return to Kingdom Tavern