Introduce Yourselves!

Free discussion, talk about whatever is on your mind.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Postby Chaos Knight » 20 Jul 2014, 11:33

My name is, well lets just say Chaos Shadow - It's my video game ID and online persona. and I joined this site a very long time ago as you can see, but have been awol for quite awhile. Can't believe I was actually able to remember my username and password! I love to read and write, which is why I love RP'in because it is a good mix of both. I've been a big fan of ROTK and everything set in that universe (Dynasty Warriors etc) for quite some time. I actually stopped being active on this site due to enlisting in the military. That enlistment is almost up and its about time I came back to this site again. Obviously some interesting new things have happend here since i've been away (that map is frickin sweet!). I now have more knowledge to use towards my RPs. Things like military life, rank structure and all sorts of things. Obviously it's not a direct translation to historic China, but I think it will help. See you guys around.
Chaos Knight
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Ahrix » 24 Jul 2014, 19:35

Hello guys and gals, new member here. I stumbled on this site, I think, a year or two back but I never registered because at the time I was fully commited to another Sim (back when there more than two at once, can you believe it?) :P

Btw, great kudos to whoever it was that designed the game's map.

Anyways, hope to chat with you all.
Ahrix
Officer

Postby Ahrix » 24 Jul 2014, 19:38

Hello guys and gals, new member here. I stumbled on this site, I think, a year or two back but I never registered because at the time I was fully commited to another Sim (back when there more than two at once, can you believe it?) :P

Also, great kudos to whoever it was that designed the game's map.

Anyways, hope to chat with you all.
Ahrix
Officer

Postby Suzume » 28 Jul 2014, 19:20

Welcome! i'm new too.
Suzume
Officer

Postby Xeniphon » 28 Jul 2014, 19:30

I know its rough to be new while we arefinishing up the work on V6 and so many members are taking a break from activity until we are done, but we are glad to see you and one of us die-hards will answer any questions or concerns you have. Don't get too bummed out about the low activity right now and if you feel you would rather not check in so often until the game starts emails do go out to tell people when we are ready to start (though we always enjoy having more people popping in here to talk with us).
Oh well, back to the drawing board...

V6 Character: Now Undecided
Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Ekon » 05 Aug 2014, 18:51

Hello, another new member here, just stumbled on this because I was working on designing a sorta similar game for another forum entirely and someone from one of the older simRTKs directed me over here, though it took a good day of searching (and worrying that I might have caught something on the tail end of death) before I actually found this forum specifically. Seems I didn't need to worry.
Pre-Game

Nuan Yuen
60-35-70-80-75
Articulate, Charming, Formation, Negotiator (e), Scribe, Fortunate
Ekon
Officer

Location: The moose outside the window might give you an idea

Postby Ekon » 05 Aug 2014, 23:28

Hello! New person here> I found this website thanks to trying to create something similar if smaller on a different forum and someone from an older version of this directed me this way. I did find it yesterday (or more specifically found the Way of the Dragon forum yesterday) and spent most of the day worrying that I stumbled across something in its dieing days. Though with further looking (and xeniphon's post above) I'm rather relieved and looking forward to working with everyone in the future.
Pre-Game

Nuan Yuen
60-35-70-80-75
Articulate, Charming, Formation, Negotiator (e), Scribe, Fortunate
Ekon
Officer

Location: The moose outside the window might give you an idea

Postby Xeniphon » 06 Aug 2014, 01:41

Yes, staff are working on getting the new version ready! There were some problems and real life bit a lot of people, but there is progress now and I am being all nag-nag-nag to everyone about getting stuff done. Some more solid progress on the development side and we can do the second pre-game phase, then the real thing is just around the corner. Yes we still need some time to work but this version is going to be the best yet.

New people shouldn't be concerned if their posts don't show up right away, we've had some issues with spambots so until we work out a way to deal with them better (its being worked on) new members have their first few posts moderated. Its not because you are bad, its because we don't think you want to read about where to buy knock-off boots in Russian or fake handbags in Spanish! :ppys:

Welcome to our new members and a big friendly wave to all you guests I see out there!

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Tressimir » 06 Aug 2014, 04:34

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around the board for a while now, so I figured it's about time I made a proper introduction. Looking forward to V6 when the time comes, and to seeing all of you in the RP threads and on the battlefield.
Tressimir
Officer

Postby animus » 07 Aug 2014, 17:47

:soldier: New member here, a big fan of DW/ROTK though have mostly been part of other sites as just haven't been used to sims, so I would be interested about how the upcoming season will be, differing to others, seeing as quite a few sites have dropped so wondering if this has been compensated to help siteless members fit in to this new style?
animus
Officer

Postby Xeniphon » 09 Aug 2014, 00:13

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean there but SimRTK has been the basis or root of many past sims (particularly the Three Kingdoms based ones) that were made over the last 10-12 years and some big name sims even employed staff on their sites who were also SimRTK staff, so I think you may find some things are similar to those sites (but no we have not emulated other sims to make their former members feel comfortable).

The big things for this comming version will be our unique map (click the "Map" link up at the top of the site to see it), more involvement for the players through additional PTs/less complicated battle tactics writing (so more than just a fraction of the players can now write tactics), and a few surprises I can't yet mention because they are not yet ready to be revealed. We have also taken pains to make KT writing less complicated, have attempted to make civil development more palatable RP wise, and we have made sure that many character builds can find gainful employ both in the cities and on the battlefield.

More or less we have taken what has worked before, streamlined it, and added a bit more to enhance good things or replace bad ones.

I hope that helps some, welcome and I do hope you enjoy the game once we get it up and running!

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Zalktis » 16 Oct 2014, 17:20

Hallo!
I am Zalktis and I am semi-new here! Semi-new because I played this for a brief period of time back when V5 just started but left it for reasons, I don't remember any more (probably school taking up too much time to play this...). Along with that I forgot my old user name so here I am with a new account. I fully expect the previous one to have been eaten by inactive account eating monster (tm) so please don't ban me for having multiple accounts :D

My username means grass snake in Latvian. In Latvian folklore the grass snake was a symbol or even a spirit/minor god (something akin to Japanese kami maybe?) of knowledge and wisdom.

I know of the Three Kingdoms period and the novel from Dynasty Warriors. First encountered it with the 5th instalment of the game and have played few more DW titles, briefly dabbled in one RTK (9? 10? the most recent one available on gamers gate) and done some reading on the background of the novel and the historical period.

A question: Is the actual Romance of Three Kingdoms worth reading? Is the style good and engaging or does it drag on in the style of "and Adam beget Abel and Abel beget Jeffrey etc. and Adam was 417 years old, and Abel was etc. etc."? And most important, is there even a good english translation to be found somewhere on the internet or in an international bookshop (amazon?) or so?

Cheers and looking forward to playing V6 sometime soon(ish?),
Zalktis :)~<
Zalktis
Officer

Postby SkyFencer » 06 Jan 2015, 17:00

Hello there.

A long time ago, back in 2009, I played in this Sim for a short amount of time. However, I did not find the will to get too invested, and soon left.

Although V6 has not started yet, I have decided to come back for it, since watching the Romance of the Three Kingdoms chinese drama renewed my love for the series - and it gave me a different perspective than Dynasty Warrior's, too.
SkyFencer
Officer

Postby Daizengar » 24 Jan 2015, 07:51

Hello ^^
I'am Daizengar, I'm new around here, stumbled on this website when searching the cause of shu lost.
hope new season starting soon,

greetings from Indonesia
Daizengar
Officer

Postby Shao » 02 Apr 2015, 18:41

Hello, my name is Josh. I found this whole trying to price ROTK 8 and found it interesting.
Shao
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Kingdom Tavern