Other Games - Discussion Thread

Free discussion, talk about whatever is on your mind.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Other Games - Discussion Thread

Postby RCS » 26 Feb 2017, 06:02

I...have adopted Stardew Valley as my new overlord. I got it less than a week ago and have already spent over 44 hours on it.

I really don't do much else. I took my laptop into work and set it up on my desk, controller in hand, I played in between hitting the print button on projects. My boss looked at me and said, "You playin' a game?" I said, "Yup."
:civil: "What's it called?"

8-) "Stardew Valley."

:civil: "It looks like Zelda, is it like Zelda?"

8-) "Not really, although there are a few dungeons you can fight through."

:civil: "Kinda looks like pokemon, too..."

8-) "It's ostensibly a farming simulator."

:civil: "Oh...cool."

I love my job.
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Mat » 26 Feb 2017, 11:44

RCS wrote:I...have adopted Stardew Valley as my new overlord. I got it less than a week ago and have already spent over 44 hours on it.

I've been binge gaming Stardew Valley, too. I picked it up with the Freedom Humble Bundle and it's the most addicting thing I've played in months.

A bit hard to believe the game was made by just one man over the course of four years. You can really tell the game is a labor of love by how much attention has been given to so many little details.

Now, if you'll excuse me...

*goes back to playing Stardew Valley*
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
l33t d00d

Postby Bradums » 26 Feb 2017, 15:02

Coincidentally, I almost got the Freedom Bundle specifically for Stardew Valley, but I got busy and forgot about it.

I'll have to check Stardew Valley out. Steam keeps suggesting it to me, so I guess there's no escape...
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby RCS » 23 Mar 2017, 13:49

I made it to Autumn of Year 2 in Stardew Valley before getting caught up in something else. My wife has been interested in the lore and the look of a particular game, although she's not really into 1st person shooters. So I bought her the game. I've played every night for the past week for about 3 hours a night (or more on the weekends) and she has played it for about...35 minutes in the practice range.

That game is Overwatch. And that game is the reason I have gotten almost nothing accomplished in the past week. :oops:
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Mat » 23 Mar 2017, 14:28

I finished the first 3 years of Stardew Valley. After that it kind of falls off since there isn't really much of a late game in terms of goals and whatnot. Still, I think it's an excellent game.

Been tearing through Mass Effect Andromeda this week. Although I recognize the merit of some of the criticisms levied against it (the facial animations are inconsistent and the character creator is flat-out garbage), I'm still loving the experience. The gameplay and exploration is the best of the series. Really loving the voice actor for male Ryder - he's got excellent range and his smartass comments are hilarious.
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
l33t d00d

Postby Bradums » 23 Mar 2017, 16:11

I got ME:Andromeda on Tuesday, but I haven't gotten very far. I barely started the Eos part.

I definitely notice the issues with facial animations. It's really jarring to me, for some reason. I even had the game kinda freeze due to errors with facial animations in dialog, as weird as that is. Ryder Sr and the pilot were talking and their animations froze, so they stared blankly forward while dialog continued...until dialog stopped and I couldn't advance it any further.

Other than that, though, the game is cool and has a lot of concepts I like. I'm a nerd for space exploration and a lot of the settlement concepts, so I like how a lot of the mechanics seem to work on that - i.e. viability being improved through a ton of little things like reopening an abandoned research lab, increasing power to environment scrubbers, etc. Combat and everything is fun, too, and I like how open-world (or open-galaxy?) it seems to be. I could've already gone to five other planets and I JUST left the starting area.

It's a bummer it came out this week, because it's my wife's birthday and we have a whole charity thing we're doing this weekend, so despite being addicted to playing it, I won't have any time >.>

It's definitely cool so far, though.

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Postby Bradums » 28 Mar 2017, 17:36

Double-posting, but I'm on the fence on buying a Nintendo Switch. Anyone have one and want to share their opinions on it?

I'm a huge Zelda fan, but since that's basically all I'd be able to play at this point, I'm not super confident in the Switch. Especially after being disappointed by the Wii and skipping the WiiU (which turned out to be smart, in my case, since there was nothing for that machine I was interested in aside from - oddly enough - Zelda).

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Postby Dong Zhou » 06 Apr 2017, 05:23

At the moment playing: Dragon Age Inquisition (I love the character stuff, mostly love the nods to past bar one or two things, the romance my mage is in is excellent. I sometimes wish there was more of it, less of the map+fighting stuff), Total War Wahammer (not a big strategy game guy but enjoy the quests, the fantasy, the sense of characters/factions. Done Empire, Dwarfs and Greenskins) and started Rise of the Tomb Raider (I like Lara Croft and her desperation but not keen on some of the side characters, the action is very satisfying in way I didn't find with Uncharted 4)
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-65-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Previous

Return to Kingdom Tavern