Magic: the Gathering CCG

Free discussion, talk about whatever is on your mind.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Magic: the Gathering CCG

Postby Alfred » 14 Jan 2015, 05:04

Lol, even if I wasnt in the Army if I was doing the same job in the private sector I wouldnt be going to China, its rather unhealthy for someone in my line of work =p Really any country that isnt bossom buddies is a pretty big no go for me....
Targeting Chen Ping, cause Coon Mario is EVIL!!!!
Alfred
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: The Road, again

Postby Zalktis » 16 Jan 2015, 05:14

So, the new set is being releases soon (pre-release this weekend). What are your thoughts? I personally am quite excited about the manifest thing. There have been concerns regarding it being to complicated for newer players but the only problem I personally see with it is confusing manifested creatures with morph creatures (because if you cast a morph creature as morph you can only turn it around by paying its morph cost but if you manifested it you can pay the normal casting cost instead). I will definitely be buying quite a lot of Fate Reforged because of the fetch lands and because the legendary dragons are just too cool.
Zalktis
Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Alfred » 18 Jan 2015, 09:11

Im not too impressed by what I saw. Some decent card, some not so decent cards, nothing that really fits my love of 10 billion tokens on the field at any given time, but then that might just have been luck of the draw, the event I went to did the prerelease as a booster draft, dont know why, all the other prerelease events Ive been to have been the premade decks against each other...
Targeting Chen Ping, cause Coon Mario is EVIL!!!!
Alfred
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: The Road, again

Postby Kongming999 » 18 Jan 2015, 20:55

Alesha, Who Smiles at Death and Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest as well as their analogues in the other colors (anybody know the names of those cards? They're the 2 uncolored + 1 colored legendary human creatures that do cool things when you pay 2 hybrid) look fairly interesting and playable, otherwise not much to get excited about.
v6 pre-game
An Shigao, Marquis of Parthia (42) 36-54-75-75-75 Charming, Networking, Riot, Rumor, Scribe, Spy, Stealth

v5: Lin Chung
Kongming999
Experienced Officer

Postby Zalktis » 19 Jan 2015, 08:20

Kongming999 wrote:Alesha, Who Smiles at Death and Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest as well as their analogues in the other colors (anybody know the names of those cards? They're the 2 uncolored + 1 colored legendary human creatures that do cool things when you pay 2 hybrid) look fairly interesting and playable, otherwise not much to get excited about.

Those are the old Khans.
Zalktis
Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Previous

Return to Kingdom Tavern