Romance of the three kingdoms What if scenarios

Free discussion, talk about whatever is on your mind.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Romance of the three kingdoms What if scenarios

Postby LordSimaYi » 22 Dec 2013, 16:37

I made this to encourage discussion between the what ifs of the Rtk history and/or novel.

Keep in mind that I have not actually read the whole novel, only parts of it. But I have learned the whole story through Dynasty Warriors and Rtk games.
Luo Ning

Current Duelling Record: 0-1
LordSimaYi
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Yes?

Re: Romance of the three kingdoms What if scenarios

Postby LordSimaYi » 22 Dec 2013, 16:47

One thing that I thought of, which surprisingly not that many people think of, What if Cao Ang ( Cao Cao's first son ) Didn't die at wan Castle.

I think that everything would of been as normal until Cao Cao's death. At this point I feel that Cao Pi would be much better than Ang and Ang would not have the ability to lead something that would soon turn into Wei.
But I still think that Ang would succeed Cao however Ang would not do a good enough job, so maybe Cao Pi along with Sima Yi would of made a Coup.
This would later involve Pi killing Ang but in doing this maybe Cao Zhang and Cao Zhi ( Cao Cao's 3rd and 4th child ) would of formed distrust with their brother and make an almost endless war. Shu and Wu would then take advantage of this and wipe out the Cao clan.

Or maybe Ang could of just died before he has the chance to succeed Cao Cao, and if so then everything would be fine. XD
Attachments
055-Cao-Ang.jpg
Cao Ang ( Rtk 11 )
055-Cao-Ang.jpg (5.32 KiB) Viewed 12327 times
Luo Ning

LordSimaYi
Ranking Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 23 Dec 2013, 05:12

I'll probably merge this into the novel/history thread in a few days

I think Cao Ang would be heir from day 1 but it is almost impossible to tell what he would have been like as a ruler. If inept, a Han comeback or another faction seeking power seems more likely then a coup by Pi to me, can be hard to dislodge a sitting emperor if not a child, but all we really know of Ang is he could be brave. He might have been a good potential ruler or a bad one, we will never know
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 90-61-70-30-60 Skills: Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby LordSimaYi » 23 Dec 2013, 10:07

Alright then.

That is true, but I feel that the Han won't get involved in something like this. The reason why I thing Ang would be a poor leader is because during his time in Cao's force he didn't really do that much and when he did do something, he died.
Also I don't think Cao Pi would immediately coup, but I think he will if Cao Ang started being lazy and making stupid decisions.
Luo Ning

LordSimaYi
Ranking Officer

Postby Chao Yang » 24 Dec 2013, 02:37

In defense of Cao Ang, he was barely 20, the age of majority, during Wan and have not had much time to do much of anything. He basically was recognized as an 'adult' and then went straight to serve in the campaign against Zhang Xiu before meeting his ignoble end.

If he had survived though, it would be doubtful as to whether or not the whole Cao family SNAFU would have occurred, but again it all depended on how talented Ang was.
Chao Yang
Experienced Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 24 Dec 2013, 14:11

Isn't 15 coming of age? So there was five years but then, Cao Rui was an unknown talent by time he was ruler, Sun Hao was much vaunted and was a disaster while Cao Pi wasn't given a chance till 19 I believe. So hard to asses Cao Ang.

LordSimaYi wrote:That is true, but I feel that the Han won't get involved in something like this.

Perhaps not, Xian seems to have given up but any hesitancy or mistake during the time after Cao Cao's death might have allowed a comeback. If not by the Han, then another faction.

Li Jun (160) 90-61-70-30-60 Skills: Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby grenmoyo » 18 Feb 2014, 16:13

what if Guan Yu and Zhang Fei didn't get to Liu Bei in time when he engaged Lu Bu. :shock:
V6: Gao Cong(高聰) zi: Wei Gongchengshi (威工程師) age 23
pol,int,cha,lead,war
developer/tactician
Skills: Invent, Navy(e), Civil Engineer, Siege Craft, Tactician
grenmoyo
Officer

Kingdom: Kingdom of Guzheng

Postby LordSimaYi » 19 Feb 2014, 07:18

Liu Bei would be dead and because of their oath Guan Yu and Zhang Fei would have to die on the same day. They will probably go and try to kill Lu Bu, if it works then they would kill themselves, if it doesn't work they'll just let themselves get killed.
Luo Ning

LordSimaYi
Ranking Officer

Postby grenmoyo » 19 Feb 2014, 11:02

It's pretty hard to imagine how things would have turned out had Shu never existed. would Kongming have just stayed as a hermit or would we have witnessed something like him traveling over to Wu being convinced by someone along the lines of Zhou Yu?
pol,int,cha,lead,war
developer/tactician
grenmoyo
Officer

Postby LordSimaYi » 19 Feb 2014, 11:35

A life without Shu would be wonderful! XD

He probably would of stayed a hermit for a while. Because he has no one to join, this means Cao Cao can take Jing Province with ease, wu not liking this arrange a battle of Redcliff which Cao Cao would win and later go to take down Wu.
Ma Teng, Zhang Lu and Liu Zhang being unworthy rulers and Cao Cao who captured and/or killed Zhuge Liang's older brother are the only rulers in the land at this point and Liang would not join any of them, and stay a hermit until 234 where he dies.
Luo Ning

LordSimaYi
Ranking Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 19 Feb 2014, 14:09

grenmoyo wrote:what if Guan Yu and Zhang Fei didn't get to Liu Bei in time when he engaged Lu Bu. :shock:

When was this in the novel? I remember Zhang Fei duelling Lu Bu a few times but not Liu Bei 1v1 then getting rescued

While Liu Bei was a capable warrior, Lu Bu would likely kill him whatever the scenario was. I mostly agree with LordSimaYi on the overall consequences, Wei wins. Which might have led to a better immediate future for China since war ends earlier, Cao Pi and Cao Rui are likely to live longer. Of course this also means no novel... time paradox!

I also with LordSimaYi about Kongming though would suggest Zhuge Jin survives. Zhuge Liang likely lives out his life as a gentry farmer/scholar like his novel friends and plenty of others did, maybe live a bit longer due to lack of stress.

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby grenmoyo » 19 Feb 2014, 15:53

My bad, it has been a while since i read the book and thus,I accidentally switched characters around. xD
pol,int,cha,lead,war
developer/tactician
grenmoyo
Officer

Return to Kingdom Tavern