Other Games - Discussion Thread

Free discussion, talk about whatever is on your mind.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Other Games - Discussion Thread

Postby Mat » 18 Oct 2017, 23:33

Finish my first (an probably only) play through as the High Elves. I'm just not feeling WH2 because I don't really care for the factions. I'm a bigger fan of the humans and dwarves.

The game definitely has plenty of improvements, though. And it in many ways is better than WH1.

Hopefully the next TW game in the franchise is a Three Kingdoms era game. It could be the best thing since Shogun 2.
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Bradums » 19 Oct 2017, 16:55

I know what you mean. I enjoy the High Elves, but outside of that...not super into the rest after spending more time with them.

I like the campaign and the Vortex thing can be a fun little pace-setter, but I get the hangup on factions.

Luckily for both of us, they announced their birthday gift to me: Mortal Empires. Free expansion/patch that combines both campaign maps and factions into one huge campaign. Shoot at Skaven as the Empire, burn Elven cities as the Chaos, trash Lizardmen temples as the Dwarves, etc. Luckily, I'm in New Jersey for a business trip on the 24th-25th, and then I had the foresight to take the rest of the week off. With Destiny 2 out next week and Mortal Empires releasing the 26th, I'm going to be a shut-in as soon as I get back from NJ.
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby RCS » 19 Oct 2017, 19:23

Mat wrote:Hopefully the next TW game in the franchise is a Three Kingdoms era game. It could be the best thing since Shogun 2.

I vaguely proposed that idea once when I was interviewing for a job with them.

For the record they neither gave me the job or took the RTK game idea. :(
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Mat » 19 Oct 2017, 19:51

Bradums wrote:With Destiny 2 out next week and Mortal Empires releasing the 26th, I'm going to be a shut-in as soon as I get back from NJ.

Mortal Empires looks pretty great. Did you play as Teclis or Tyrion? I played as Tyrion and I think the game was probably too easy. Maybe that's why I didn't much care for it.

RCS wrote:For the record they neither gave me the job or took the RTK game idea. :(

You never know. They may have taken the idea! The next TW game they're working on reportedly focuses a part of the world and portion of history they've never covered before. And since the avatar system introduced in Shogun 2 has been such a big hit, it would really lend itself well to the big personalities of the Three Kingdoms era.

I'm just very hopeful. :mrgreen:

Is Creative Assembly one of the top places you'd like to work for? I've considered applying to positions with CD Projekt Red in the past since I'm a gypsy and would love to experience Poland (and I'm a big fan of the Witcher games).
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Xe of Greed » 19 Oct 2017, 20:46

Bradums wrote:With Destiny 2 out next week and Mortal Empires releasing the 26th, I'm going to be a shut-in as soon as I get back from NJ.

Destiny 2 is hella good and mostly without any horrible grinding, although everyone has been extremely stingy about giving me the cool armor they promise they have, the jerks.
Punished Jia Liang 22*-20-71-90-80, Administration (e), Articulate, Civil Engineer, Fortunate, Propaganda,

Princess of the Jia clan, Jia Xiuqing!
Xe of Greed
Romans Can't Spy

Kingdom: Those Wan Nerds

Postby RCS » 19 Oct 2017, 23:37

Mat wrote:Is Creative Assembly one of the top places you'd like to work for? I've considered applying to positions with CD Projekt Red in the past since I'm a gypsy and would love to experience Poland (and I'm a big fan of the Witcher games).

Definitely one of the top. The first game company I applied to was Tri-Ace. The next was Creative Assembly. Clearly neither one took me.
My top-five that I'd like to work for, in no particular order, would definitely have Telltale, CA, and Blizzard (I love Overwatch) in it. The remaining two spots are a little harder to pick: Haemimont is a little hit or miss with games sometimes, but I've really enjoyed the narratives of several of their games (namely Victor Vran and Omerta: City of Gangsters) so I wouldn't mind being part of that.
I'm a big fan of the Alan Wake series, so being able to be part of Remedy Entertainment would be nice...but Max Payne was a little floppy to me.
Then there's Logic Artists who haven't made anything I don't like (to be fair they've only made 3 games, and I've played 2/3 of them, lol). I'd love to work for them and convince them to make Expeditions: Samurai.

And I've gone off on a little tangent. :lol:
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Achira » 20 Oct 2017, 07:47

Everbody is talking about new games/dlc's and I am still playing Age of Empires 2 HD xD.

Also Battlefield One, Fifa 18, Shadow of War on PS4.
Achira
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: meeeh

Postby Bradums » 20 Oct 2017, 15:45

Mat wrote:Mortal Empires looks pretty great. Did you play as Teclis or Tyrion? I played as Tyrion and I think the game was probably too easy. Maybe that's why I didn't much care for it.

Tyrion. Honestly, I'm a nerd about stuff and the phoenix is kind of a personal symbol for my family, so the whole "Phoenix King" thing was an easy sell on playing him. I started Teclis, but didn't get far yet.

Honestly, my problem with Tyrion is the landscape of Ulthuan. It's so diplomacy heavy that it anchors you for a long time until you can negotiate confederacies or pick the right fights. My first game, I threw all that to the wind and just started wars to make sure I always had room to expand and the game went a lot smoother.

To your point, though, Tyrion is definitely easy mode. It's obvious to me that he was meant as the sort of "starter faction", since the game basically sets his progression up for the player step-by-step and he's surrounded by friendly factions.

Xe of Greed wrote:Destiny 2 is hella good and mostly without any horrible grinding, although everyone has been extremely stingy about giving me the cool armor they promise they have, the jerks.

That's what I keep hearing. I played a lot of Destiny, but I wouldn't say I was into it start-to-finish. My brother-in-law was and he said Destiny 2 is like a way better Destiny 1. The only issues I've heard are about endgame needing some work, but...that's expected, since it just launched.

It's been hard to wait for the PC release, but all reports tell me it's worth the wait >.>
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Previous

Return to Kingdom Tavern