Websites

Free discussion, talk about whatever is on your mind.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Websites

Postby Mal Tijie » 25 Oct 2016, 16:55

Hey there groovy people, are you trying to pass time during your day waiting for v6 to start? Well me too. So you should go ahead and check out this cool gaming channel, The Alarm Gaming. This totally isn't a shameless plug. But new videos should start being uploaded yet again. But check the link below out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCihRC83V72Ixms2weyJymSA

come on, do it.

No really, it's a not a plug...
Ma Zang
82*-71-40-40-79
Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence
Mal Tijie
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: TBD

Postby Diethe » 04 Jan 2017, 01:02

http://wodsouls.freeforums.net

Anyone interested in a relaxed-roleplay site based on DBZ to pass the time? Check it out the people are fun and the rules restrict power gaming. Meet me there are Trouza.

http://doragonboru.freeforums.net

Also from the same group of roleplayers but relatively newer and fewer, this one has a dice system in compared to the freeform relaxed RP.
Gao Ang (31) Stalwart General
Stats:
Skills:

Coming in v6
Diethe
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Chen Ping

Postby Phailak » 16 Mar 2017, 17:30

Warlords: Three Kingdoms

If you're like me, you probably miss the golden age of sims, being able to quench your thirst for roleplay and intrigue through various sites that popped up left and right. Well the nostalgia motivated me enough to dust off simwarlords.net's rules and tools to build a condensed version that I'd like to present to those still active in the sim community.

The idea behind this version of Warlords was to make it slick enough that I could run it with a skeletal crew (like just me!) yet be able to scale should a revival occur and a sudden burst of interest happen. Basically, every single game concept is automated through tools and what interference is needed by staff is done at the touch of a single button. I'm hoping this allows for the game to run smoothly and give way to some great roleplay and staff / player interactions.

Not knowing if there would be interest, I kept to the basics for this version. Most of the mechanics are dedicated to battle, the civil portion of the game has been dumbed down to basically amassing soldiers and gold to conquer the objectives set by the story line. Setting is the three kingdoms because it is the one I know and without the original Warlords staff I did not dare venture into unknown territory. The game will place the players as ambitious officers that can amass an army and conquer a set of villages, towns and cities in the northern part of Jing. In 220, after Guan Yu defeated Cao Ren but before he could seize Xiangyang, he was informed of Lu Meng's invasion of Jiangling and withdrew to defend. Cao Ren was left depleted behind his walls. Guan Yu and Lu Meng faced off on the battlefield and Lu Meng was victorious but both armies were utterly destroyed. In this version of history, Lu Meng was unable to capture Guan Yu who was saved by Liu Feng and returned to Yong An. In quick succession, many of the settlements around all three cities decided to become independent until a clear winner emerged but they were soon overrun by local bandits and warlords. As it stands, all three generals seek to gain control of Jing and have secretly offered rewards and support to unknown men of talent.

With their respective lords occupied on other fronts and supply demands coming from the front lines, the three cities will have a hard time gaining back their authority. Players will be able to join a faction of their choice or better yet strike out on their own to try and unite Jing under their command.

So come check us out at Warlords. If you were a user from back in the day, your login should still work. Deadline for turn 1 submission is set for Tuesday march 21st 9am
Fei Lai (31)
90-84-42-31-31
Skills: Ambush, Blitz, Fortunate (e), Formation, Leader
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Kingdom: Shen Hu

Postby Rebel » 17 Mar 2017, 00:25

Phailak wrote:Warlords: Three Kingdoms

If you're like me, you probably miss the golden age of sims, being able to quench your thirst for roleplay and intrigue through various sites that popped up left and right. Well the nostalgia motivated me enough to dust off simwarlords.net's rules and tools to build a condensed version that I'd like to present to those still active in the sim community.

The idea behind this version of Warlords was to make it slick enough that I could run it with a skeletal crew (like just me!) yet be able to scale should a revival occur and a sudden burst of interest happen. Basically, every single game concept is automated through tools and what interference is needed by staff is done at the touch of a single button. I'm hoping this allows for the game to run smoothly and give way to some great roleplay and staff / player interactions.

Not knowing if there would be interest, I kept to the basics for this version. Most of the mechanics are dedicated to battle, the civil portion of the game has been dumbed down to basically amassing soldiers and gold to conquer the objectives set by the story line. Setting is the three kingdoms because it is the one I know and without the original Warlords staff I did not dare venture into unknown territory. The game will place the players as ambitious officers that can amass an army and conquer a set of villages, towns and cities in the northern part of Jing. In 220, after Guan Yu defeated Cao Ren but before he could seize Xiangyang, he was informed of Lu Meng's invasion of Jiangling and withdrew to defend. Cao Ren was left depleted behind his walls. Guan Yu and Lu Meng faced off on the battlefield and Lu Meng was victorious but both armies were utterly destroyed. In this version of history, Lu Meng was unable to capture Guan Yu who was saved by Liu Feng and returned to Yong An. In quick succession, many of the settlements around all three cities decided to become independent until a clear winner emerged but they were soon overrun by local bandits and warlords. As it stands, all three generals seek to gain control of Jing and have secretly offered rewards and support to unknown men of talent.

With their respective lords occupied on other fronts and supply demands coming from the front lines, the three cities will have a hard time gaining back their authority. Players will be able to join a faction of their choice or better yet strike out on their own to try and unite Jing under their command.

So come check us out at Warlords. If you were a user from back in the day, your login should still work. Deadline for turn 1 submission is set for Tuesday march 21st 9am

I remember playing this back in the day. Turn progressions was very quick. Will definitely give it a visit.
Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Mal Tijie » 17 Aug 2017, 19:51

AGES OF WAR

Hey everyone! I've been working on a game for a while now, and it's finally about ready. It's called Ages of War and I was supposed to have some friends help me out with testing but unfortunately they bailed. So I am looking to start Beta testing as soon as I can get enough people to be rulers. The game is influenced by games like SimRTK, the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, and Crusader Kings. I plan on having the first game take place in post Battle of Hastings England, where both King Harold and William the Bastard died. I also plan on doing different setting for each game version. I hope you come take a look at it and can give some feedback! Thanks, see you there!

http://agesofwar.boards.net/
Ma Zang
82*-71-40-40-79
Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence
Mal Tijie
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: TBD

Previous

Return to Kingdom Tavern